Friday 5 October 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday turned out very misty for the whole morning before the sun broke through and cheered up the rest of the day.  It's too early to actually tell what today is like but the forecast is fine for today, rainy tomorrow and then fine for the rest of my holiday.  Sounds good to me and I have packed my new boots, just in case!

The appointment with my GP was most satisfactory.  He was very pleased with my blood pressure readings (as I am too) as they are all within what he said was the normal range.  I was counting 135 or below as normal which is what my monitor indicates but he said below 140 was fine.  Even better, he prescribed an extra month of each of my two meds so that I can keep some up at Mum and Dad's.  I remember them when it's a scheduled visit but if I were called up for an emergency, I can't be sure I would remember to pack them - I forgot last time and it was a concern but no longer.

Then it was home to a long list of Things To Do and I just worked my way through them.  Apart from the stuff in the fridge, I am now all packed and ready for off, I wrapped and posted a parcel, did my bit of shopping, picked up my prescription, got the guest room finished and ready and generally pootled around purposefully.  :-)

So today should be pretty easy.  I have the route worked out.  I have all the paperwork.  Next time I do an entry, I will (should) be there.

Sooze, if you're reading this, have a great time away, enjoy yourselves and don't be too good, OK?

Edited at 10:41 to add that I forgot to say - three pounds off this week and I now have my one stone off award and shiny sticker.  Yay!



14 comments:

  1. I am up early, too, Joy, but not going away. Do have a lovely time.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us early birds get the best of the day, I reckon. I've done loads of stuff already!
    Thanks, Margaret, I'm really looking forward to it now all the work is done.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joy, you too!

    Oh and fantastically well done on the continuing weight loss! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great journey and a wonderful holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a good break. I look forward to seeing where you are heading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!
    I'm a bit paranoid about driving outside my comfort area bu I have it all written down and I've 'driven' all the junctions using Google so it should be OK.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's good news about your BP. Well done for being so proactive (with the weight loss and exercise) in reducing it.

    Enjoy your hols ... don't be too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am up late as I am trying to get back on an even keel. Have a great time on your holiday and I hope the weather is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great holiday and everything crossed for good weather. Relax and enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the weight loss AND the blood pressure - and have a lovely break xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, lots of lovely comments, thank you.
    Eileen, I was really chuffed when the doctor said it was under control again. I have to go for a blood test to show liver function but that's going to be a half yearly thing from now on.
    Dan, thanks. I hope things settle for you soon.
    Viv, I am so relaxed it is fantastic. Just looking to my left and seeing that view across the lake is fab.
    Thanks, Chrissie. It's nice when things fall into shape and things you are working towards start happening.
    Sharon, it was very easy, only one roadwork hold up. I'm feeling quietly bubbly inside.

    (I hope I haven't left anyone out. Apologies if I have.)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on getting that shiny sticker! Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Scarlet - and I am, it's lovely!
    xx

    ReplyDelete