Friday 26 October 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.   I've just nipped out to the freezer for the day's needs and brrr, there's a bit of a chill in the air this morning.  I was glad to get back inside again

Yesterday was a day that made the bank manager turn pale!!  I bought several Sainsbury's items, all one size smaller than I am right now.  You see, I don't need any more clothes right now but in a month I will (there's confidence for you) so there's no point in getting my current size.  Unfortunately, I didn't find a coat.  They had some but I didn't like them.  I might go back to Matalan and take another look there.
I also bought a few glossy mags and saw a new Gervase Phinn book which I am being very determined about and saving it until I go away.

After that I went to Hobbycraft and enjoyed myself there as well.  No, I didn't need anything apart from some needles for sewing up knitting but I didn't let that stop me, dear me, no!  I now have to knit something else Aran as well as the hoodie so I must look for my Aran patterns as they seem to have vanished.

The afternoon was quieter.  I did some washing and some knitting and it was all very pleasant.

Then it was off to Slimming World and I was very happy with the pound and a half I have shed since last Thursday, all the more so because last weekend was - er - indulgent!  Well, if my dad will keep wine in the fridge and seemingly endless supplies of crisps and biscuits in the pantry, not to mention the fruit and nut mixture on the side, what do you expect?
It was an enjoyable evening and next week is taster week so I've got to find something to make to take in that is SW compatible.  I will have to search through my SW Christmas books and see if I can find anything there.

Today is a sociable day.  I'm off to Mel's for coffee and then Beth is round for lunch as it's her birthday.  She's finally hit the big four oh, bless her!  Then I have to do a bit of ironing and packing for tomorrow.  Perhaps I can fit a Matalan trip in or perhaps I will leave it until tomorrow morning.  I'll see how it goes.
Have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day.
    You're doing brilliantly with your SW plan. I have every admiration for you. Having had a stagnant month or so, I have a feeling I need to make some progress in that way too. Clothing is beginning to feel a little tight.
    I've not been outside today yet, but the gas engineer has just arrived and said I'll need to wrap up when I do. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pouring down here, but not too cold. Congratulations on your weight loss ... you really are doing so well. Do you have much more to lose before you switch to maintaining your weight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jules - that's when I decided I needed most support, when things stagnated and I even started gaining again. I'm not saying it will work for ever, I need change from time to time, but for now it's great. I hope you find what suits you too.

    EIleen, it's been raining here and I think it is now colder than earlier. I have about a stone and a half to go, I think. Just over a stone will put me in the healthy BMI range but I want to be a bit lower than right at the top of it. It sounds a lot still but I have the time and am happy to be slow and steady.

    Thank you, both of you, for your kind words. It's such an encouragement.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done on your continuing weight loss, Joy, I admire your dedication and wish I had some. Congratulations to Beth for her birthday, and I hope you have a lovely weekend....I assume you're going away together? Does her age now make you feel older? Lol. My mum says she hates my birthdays now as they make her feel so old (mum, you ARE old, you're 82!). We had a bit of early rain but it's now bright sunshine, albeit with a pretty cold wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers, Sooze, that's lovely. No, I don't feel any older, thankfully. Yes, we're away together and I'm looking forward to it.
    It's gradually getting colder here and there's no sun to shine through and warm the inside so my heating is going on (with thankfulness)!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on this week's weight loss. Our taster is the week after yours, when I should, hopefully, be at target. I'll have to have a think about what to take - last time people had made all kinds of things, including Haribo type sweets. I didn't taste any of it as I'm a bit funny about food hygiene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be so close to target. Good luck for the next two seeks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete