Monday 15 October 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.

I shall be driving back home today after ten days away.  It'll be lovely to get back to my own space again, even if there will be a fair old bit of tidying away to do from my holiday.  It's back to what scaffolds my days (tuition) for four days and then it's half term and I have decided not to offer tuition over this half term break.  The 11+ is all done and dusted and there's really no need.

I was a bit naughty yesterday, went on Amazon and searched out some old second hand SW recipe books based around Christmas and 'festive' meals after seeing one at the club I visited on Saturday morning.  Christmas will be different this year due to circumstances and I will have more time on my own so I want to do things just for me, including some different festive meal prep that won't do too much damage to the eating plan.  All being well, I should be fairly close to my current target by then so it's important to me.  So I'm hoping these books will give me some good ideas and I can spoil myself a bit without harming my conscience too much.

Once I'm home today, after unpacking, etc, I will look over my planning for today's tuition and, hopefully, look over tomorrow's as well.  Then I am wondering if I will have time for a swim.  I 'need' one and this last weekend has been pretty static after an active week so not great.  If I don't have swimming time, I will take the longer route all round the block and back again or maybe I can head off into the country for half an hour's walk.  That would be nice, assuming it isn't raining like it was yesterday.

Right, well, I'd better sort out my stuff and get the last of my things packed and ready to load before breakfast. 
Have a lovely day, whatever you have planned.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the festive cookery I must say we abandon all our good intentions for the mid-winter feasting period. But I understand your reluctance to undo all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will be easier to stick to your diet if you're not responsible for feeding others at Christmas. I think your half term must be a week before ours ... anyway, I hope you have a good break. Are you planning anything special, or is it too soon after your holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up, been away for the weekend and wifi was very hit and miss, mostly miss!

    Well done on the clothes front! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the years we seem to be eating less and less at Christmas time. I don't make mince pies anymore as the pastry leaves us with indigestion and I don't buy in extra food for Christmas teatime as we really do just have a few leftovers with a bit of salad and not even a trifle unless we are at someone else's house and they have made one.
    I would be interested to see what recipes you find when the SW books arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Diane. I am sure there will be more than a little bit of abandonment, most likely alcohol related but I'm hoping to keep it to a minimum. :-)

    Eileen, I will still be feeding others. I'm doing a Christmas dinner for Mum, Dad and brother the weekend before, than one for me, Al and Beth on Christmas day. It's just not the big, happy family get together we have had before so we all; need to make new Christmas traditions. One of them will be watching the carols. I've always been too busy before.

    Thanks, Annabeth,. It might be expensive but I'm chuffed and I'm enjoying having some nice clothes now. Welcome home to you too.

    Viv, I do know exactly what you mean. We're definitely cutting down although I'll probably get a few mince pies and will definitely be making Delia's vegetarian sausage rolls as everyone loved them. As for the rest - minimal, I expect. I'm really hoping to get some good ideas.

    xx

    ReplyDelete