Monday 1 October 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone and a pinch and a punch to you for the first day of a new month.  October has started.  I like October.  Two of my favourite people have birthdays this month, the clocks go back so the evenings get darker.  I love drawing the curtains to shut out the night - it gives me a warm, cosy feeling.  It's the month when the garden and the allotment get their winter haircut, the sun shines and the trees look glorious!

Yesterday was a very quiet day.  I read, cooked for us all, went for a short walk and generally chilled.  Strictly has started, of course, and no surprise who was eliminated.  I'm sorry because Anton is my favourite Strictly dancers, but he didn't really get a chance to show his comic ability with a partner who, by all accounts, is a lovely person but who really couldn't dance for toffee.

Today it's home straight after breakfast to unpack, get some washing in and out on the line, check over my planning and then, maybe, pop off to the gym for a swim.  I'd like that.  This week is going to be a busy week with various appointments scattered about plus getting ready for a self catering holiday, making final arrangements with my lovely house minder so the odd swim dropped in here and there would be very nice indeed.

I think I need a coffee so I will stop rambling on and get the day started.  May you all have a great day, whatever you do.


6 comments:

  1. What a nice idea to have a house sitter that way you are safe. I too had a quiet day yesterday I am off to Shiona's this morning but I am feeling a little scared of the drive as I am feeling very dizzy again this time I am going to the doctor and ask for a referral to ENT. There is something very wrong as this is the third episode of this I thought at first it was just a cold but now I think not. Have a lovely swim I remember when I used to go for an early morning swim and it really set me up for the day. Right now I need coffee too

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very reassuring, I agree.
    I think a trip to the GP for a referral would be a positive step, especially as it is bothering you. Hoping the drive goes OK.
    Enjoy your coffee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get swimming and have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sue. It's gone well so far!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where I come from we say White Rabbit on the first of the month, and my cousin, who still lives in the north while I live in the south, say "White Rabbit" to each other via email on the first of each month, keeping up the tradition.
    I was also sorry to see the real star of Strictly go, Anton. Why oh why do they give him the worst dancing partner each season? They must have some idea that these females have two left feet, because it always happens. Well, I suppose Katie Derham was the exception, she had some idea of rhythm and movement, but that was it, in all the seasons that the show has been running. I think he should either be a judge or compere the show just to make a change from Tess and Claudia, very nice though they are. I think the show could do with a bit of an overhaul, I'm getting a bit weary of the same old same old ...
    And who are all these people I've never heard of?
    Oh, wasn't the Ryder Cup exciting, Joy!!! Well, only if you love to watch golf. But as I've said, it was more than just a golf competition. This was sport of the highest order between the whole of Europe and the USA. It was simply great, edge-of=seat stuff.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always though 'White Rabbit' was just for the first of May but I guess I was wrong.
    I totally agree about Anton - my guess is because he's a right character and can put humour into his choreography to create a good 'performance', whatever the competence of his partner. They really didn't stand a chance this time though. I'd love to see him have a regular slot and I guess we will see him in the group dances a fair bit.
    I'm really glad you enjoyed the gold so much. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete