Wednesday 10 October 2018

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  Wasn't yesterday gorgeous.  Sunny all day and getting warmer as the day progressed.  The evening felt chilly but, as this is October, it's hardly surprising.  It's stupidly early at the moment and the skies are wonderfully clear and sparkly so it should be a good day.

I'm sticking to my daily routine quite well.  Out by eight for a short walk and to do any shopping that needs doing for the day ahead.  Home for breakfast and to prepare lunch.  Swimming at ten, then home for a shower, etc, and lunch.  Then a longer walk before dinner.  Really lovely!

Two mishaps happened yesterday.  The first one was that an hour into my swim I realised I still had my watch on!  Thankfully, it survived but I will try not to test its waterproofness again!

The other one was that my camera went on strike.  System error, it shouted at me, and the zoom wouldn't work and the lens wouldn't open.  Grrrr.  I know it's quite old now but even so. . .
It took me a while to think of googling but when I did there were a variety of  suggestions, some of which involved opening it up (not a chance).  The most practical one was to turn it on, hold it with the lens facing downward and give it a few firm but gentle slaps on the back.  Guess what - it worked!  So I was able to take some photos yesterday after all.







I'm feeling quite weary today so might not go for a walk this afternoon.  Nothing to do with waking so early although that will hit later on, I am sure.  Just weary.  I'll see how I feel when the time comes.  If it's as warm as they say it is going to be, I might stroll down to the beach, grab a chair and read and relax.

Two more days to go.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, what lovely photos, Joy! Thank goodness you were able to get your camera working again (and that your watch survived the water, too!) My little camera's shutter began to stick and I would need to prod it open. When this happened rather too often, I decided it needed replacing, and I bought the same camera again, a small Sony, not terribly expensive (around £149) as I use, as you appear to do, my camera just about every day. It was worn out, poor thing!
    I recognise that squirrel. He comes in our garden and pinches the walnuts. He's obviously gone on his holidays so you were able to photograph him!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great time and I'm glad the first law of engineering worked for you. If something doesn't work give it a sharp thump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Margaret. I was most relieved as I do like my little camera.
    That squirrel gets everywhere, doesn't he?

    LOL, Diane - well, it certainly worked this time!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a sharp thump on most things that don't work - I'm speaking of inanimate objects, of course!) - often does the trick!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly did in this case. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete