Friday 19 October 2018

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It turned out to be a beautiful day yesterday, sunny and colourful with a beautiful sunset.  Very cheering.

I got some washing done and just have a bit of ironing to do this morning which won't take very long at all.  I did quite a lot of knitting but am finding I have to be careful as the yarn splits rather easily and I have a few slight 'loops' so I think what I am doing will be the back!  I can hook the loops through and some are so slight I can snip them but all the same, it's a bit careless and because the yarn is just slightly 'fluffy' it doesn't undo all that well.

At SW I found I had lost the holiday weight and another pound as well so it was four pounds off.  I was happy with that!

When I was out on Wednesday, at the Blue Egg shop, they had some Advent candles and it took me right back.  When I first started teaching, every Christmas, I had an advent candle in the classroom and each morning, after register, we would have a time when I lit the candle, we learnt or practised one of the songs for the Christmas Show and, on Mondays when there was more candle to burn, I also read them a Christmas story of some kind.  It was such a happy time.

As I am looking for some new personal traditions to start, I think this will be one of them - an Advent candle.  I also think I will do the Advent thing in here too, as I did two or three years ago, with links to some of my favourite Christmas music.

Today I have plenty to do.  Housework again, a bit of ironing, some shopping and so on - just ordinary little things, nothing major.  I'm looking forward to it.
I hope to be able to post over the weekend but, if I don't, please don't worry - I will be back!

7 comments:

  1. Have a lovely day Joy and enjoy your knitting. I found a knitting video on Youtube which showed you how to speed up your knitting if you knit in the English style. I might just have to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am trying to start some new traditions. I create my own Advent calendar with treats, some big some small, and have certain events I now go to in December. Your idea of an Advent candle is one I may copy. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds interesting, Diane. Would you be able to send me the link, please?

    There are times when traditions become incredibly important and, for me, Christmas is one of them. Good luck with yours, Eileen.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our family traditions that developed over the years is that I always put a little angel or fairy in my two daughters stockings at Christmas. They have had fabric ones, felt, tin, plaster, wooden, glass and even chocolate angels over the years. They go on top of the stocking unwrapped and they add them to their tree decorations the following year. I will now be doing this with my granddaughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really lovely one, thank for sharing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your heroic efforts to redress the gainin weight during last week.
    You've surpassed yourself.
    I hope your weekend is ok and that you and your dad can have some good time together.
    Caring for someone, especially someone you love, is very stressful.
    Don't be too hard on yourself if the odd disloyal or impatient thought slips into your mind.
    Look forward to hearing from you when you are able to post.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sue. I was very pleased.
    And you are very perceptive, thank you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete