Tuesday 9 October 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday's weather was sunny but not that warm.  Not a problem, that's what jackets are for!  Today is supposed to be warmer but we will see.

Another lovely day yesterday except that I rather 'lost it' with the food in the evening.  All the exercise making me more hungry, I expect.  Never mind, I'm on holiday and I enjoyed myself!  :-)

I went the long way round to the shop for my paper, along the beach.  It was quite deserted and really peaceful.  The calm before the storm because it was 'change-over day', so by nine there was hustle-bustle as people got their cars, packed, etc.

The pool was pretty empty.  You are able to have a last swim on leaving day but I wouldn't fancy it as there would be nowhere to shower and do my hair - and you don't want to see my hair before it is 'done', believe me!  I suspect most feel the same and I also suspect that most parents are so tired they just want to get home.

So, a comparatively empty pool and a comparatively empty village - until my afternoon walk.  By that time the new guests were arriving so the roads were crammed with cars - looking for their chalet, unpacking at their chalet or taking their car back to the car park.  It really is the only time when you realise quite how busy and people-packed the village is.  I used my map and stuck to the cycle and walk ways as much as possible for a very pleasant walk.
A few photos.  No squirrels though - they were scuttling about too quickly yesterday.  I think all the cars made them wary.




Today will be more or less the same.  Little walk, good swim, slightly longer walk.   What a boring life - not!!!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderfully relaxing. I hope you get to see some squirrels today. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel extremely relaxed. It still feels almost 'naughty' to be on holiday in term time - naughty but nice.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so lovely and peaceful and no one to please except yourself that's what holidays should be. So often they are a lot of rushing about and not really resting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly, when you have a family to look after, holidays are far from a rest. This one is lovely and I'm having a great time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very relaxing - there is nothing better than taking time out from this busy world to just be rather than do. x

    ReplyDelete