Sunday 7 October 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.   After a rotten, rainy, chilly day yesterday, the skies are clear, the stars are winking at me and brrrr - so I predict that today will be a lovely autumnal day.

The rain didn't keep me in though.  Before breakfast I walked to the shop for a paper, had breakfast, went for a lovely swim, came home, showered and did my hair, had lunch, then went for a wandering walk.  I had the map of the village with me so, brolly aloft, I explored.  Walking in the rain when you are properly clothed and shod and the paths are good is lovely and it was great to see that the rain didn't spoil families having a lovely time.  I didn't take my camera with me but I will today.

I slept well!!!

Today I can't quite do the same because I want to be at the pool by ten when it opens and that's when the shop opens too but for the rest of the week that will be the pattern of my days - short walk, good swim, longer walk.

After my swim yesterday I wandered around the shops for a while.  I was very tempted by something in the clothes shop and might go back for another look today.  You see, for most of my adult life I have only been able to browse on the sidelines really, seeing nice things but never buying because of my size.  But now, I am realising, I can, I really can.  It is slowly sinking in.  It would be lovely to get something here, just one thing, because I will get the size that is marginally too small right now (but wearable) so that when I get to target I can still wear it.

Well, I may not have today's paper but I do have most of yesterday's to read so I will refresh my coffee and relax'  It is only just starting to get light so I can't sit on the balcony but I have hopes of having lunch out there.  How decadent is that, eh?



6 comments:

  1. You have the right name, Joy, as you are certainly enjoying yourself! Great news. I love people who make the best of things, even walking in the rain. I enjoy this, too, but husband doesn't. How can someone not enjoy it when we really can't live without rain? It can be lovely to feel the rain on our faces, can't it? I've not done it for years, but I truly used to enjoy it, too.
    How lovely to have lost that weight - I almost feel inspired to do the same! I also look at nice clothes and then find that they look awful in my size, or they don't "go up to" my size! I'm not huge but neither am I slender. So go for it, get the piece of clothing you have your eyes on!
    And lovely too, to sit on your balcony and have lunch there! Do take photos, even of your apartment.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decadent is good every so often and reading between the lines of your blog I’d say you deserve to indulge yourself this week.
    I love walking in the rain and wind provided that I’m in the appropriate clothing and can come home to a warm shower.
    This morning our weather is good so hope it will be with you.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one here who likes walking in the rain (well I do live in Scotland!!) It's all about being appropriately dressed for it.

    I say buy something lovely to wear to remind yourself of how far you come on your weight loss journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the gang too ... I like walking in the rain, and now I'm retired don't have to worry about keeping dry to go to work! I agree with the others ... treat yourself to the clothing you've seen as a reward for doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The time is now to enjoy wearing all those lovely clothes you've always been longing for. I'm still in the 'one day' camp so go for it, grab the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely comments; thanks, everyone.

    Margaret: I've taken a few photos and will post them tomorrow. I have had my bad times, as has everyone, and I've found that it is really worth trying to look for something positive. I guess it's a habit now. The few times I've not been able to do this I've known things are really bad!

    Sue: Thanks - I'm really enjoying a fuss free week with precious few responsibilities. There's even someone who comes in to clean, change sheets and towels and generally clear up, should I leave a mess (which I don't!). The weather is gorgeous now. None too warm but bright and sunny!

    Ali: It's nice to know there's lots of us who enjoy a walk in the rain!

    Eileen: Ditto and a good point about not needing to look fit for work, although I don't like to be too scruffy ever. :-)

    Annabeth: You are right and I will.

    Thanks for all the encouragement to spend, spend, spent, ladies! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete