Thursday 11 October 2018

Thursday

Good morning!  Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, the best day of the week so far.

Admittedly, it didn't start off all that well with such an early awakening but after I'd blogged, etc, I was feeling chilly so went back to bed and woke up again two hours later.  So that sorted that out.

It was a wonderfully sunny morning and I will post some photos separately.

Swimming was great - all two hours of it - and despite what I said yesterday, I went for another saunter in the afternoon and found myself right at the edge of the village.


Colditz or what!!   Fortunately, I doubt anyone actually wants to escape!  I followed the pathway round for a while before heading back into the centre again.

Then, to cap it all, the steak I had for dinner was delicious.  They aren't always, are they, but this one was great.  I've eaten so well this week I shudder to think of how much I have put on but it's been worth it!

Today is the Last Full Day.  So sad.  I will stick with my routine of a scenic walk to the shop and back, breakfast, swimming, lunch, walk and dinner but I expect I will start packing and get as much as I can to the car so that tomorrow morning is easier.  

I'm not sure today will be such heavenly weather but you never know.  Yesterday was a perfect day out of summer.  Bright, sunny, warm but not hot and not in the least bit humid.  You don't get many as good as that in October usually.  I really have been incredibly lucky with the weather this week.


3 comments:

  1. I do hope the fence is to keep things out rather than in.
    Enjoy your last day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weather it has been raining here and not just out of the overflow. Sounds like you have had a really lovely break and enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell me the overflow is still overflowing, Diane. That's ridiculous and such a waste! Hope you can find someone to sort it out soon.

    Jules - so do I!! And thanks.

    xx

    ReplyDelete