Tuesday 16 October 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  After a very damp start yesterday, it all dried up but remained dull and a bit chilly all day.  There was lots of standing water on the roads as I drove home but I had no hold ups and made good time.

Clearing everything away took ages and by the time I'd finished, I really wasn't ready for a swim so I walked to the shop, which was pleasant.  There were more tomatoes ripe on the plants so I'm glad I didn't pull them up before my holiday.  The ones in the pots have given up but the ones in the ground are still going on so I guess the allotment ones are the same and I must go and check on them later on today.

It was great to be getting back to tuition again and it all seemed to go very well.  There's only this week and then it is half term so that's another week off.  I'm sure the students appreciate that as much as I do.  :-)

Today there's still no time for swimming, now will there be tomorrow.  I must make up on this over half term.  However, I'm doing loads more walking around than I used to so that will have to do, won't it?  I have an appointment with the optician to pick up my new glasses first thing, I need to look over my tuition plans and there's some more washing to get done and dusted.  Amazing how quickly it builds up, isn't it?  I ought to plan my food for the next week too.

This evening Beth is round for supper and I am looking forward to having a good chat with her.  So all in all, a very nice day.
I hope the sun shines.  :-)


7 comments:

  1. We have a very misty start to the day again today and I think we may be in for another day of rain. It's all looking very dismal out there!

    I too have a load of washing to do. I honestly don't know how I generate so much ... it's only me in the house. It'll have to wait though as they will be switching the electricity off for part of the day. I hope you have more luck and manage to get yours done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid it does here too. I've got warm clothes out. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have arrived safely back home, Joy. Was it a long journey? We no longer like long drives, about 100 miles at the most in one day. Gone are the days when we drove from Devon to Scotland in a day, that really was pushing it. And even to Suffolk it's over 300 miles so out of the question for us now in one day.
    You are collecting new glasses today - it doesn't seem possible I've had my 'new' glasses for almost a year! I really think I need stronger reading glasses for with these I can't see to do my nails! How important is that, ha ha!
    Speaking of which, it's manicure day today. I shall have neat polished nails again by lunchtime. What a treat.
    Then ruined perhaps by teatime as I need to clean the shower room. Oh dear, I was meant to be a lady of leisure, not skivvy!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping for a warmer day today to sort out my new pot. All looks calm outside which is a good sign.
    Might get some more washing out but it is a bit still although not damp.
    Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Margaret. It's not a long journey from my parents. It takes around an hour and a quarter but can be more if the traffic is bad.
    They say every two or three years, I think, but that does depend on the individual. Enjoy your manicure. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's turned out a lovely day here, Viv. I hope it has been the same for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wednesday morning. Where are you, Joy? I thought you got up early, ha ha! I woke with a coughing fit, so came into the study (after getting a glass of water) and thought I'd have a look at some blog posts and also thought, "I'll bet Joy is up, bet she's beaten me to it!"
    Glad the journey to and from your parents isn't long. But silly me, I made a mistake re the appointment for my manicure - it's today! But the kind lady made me a cup of coffee while I waited for husband to arrive home (he had taken me and was going to collect me so that I'd not smudge my newly-painted nails, how kind is that?) before I could phone him and say, "please come and get me now!" But I now have this to look forward to later this morning.
    Margaret P
    www.margareetpowling.com

    ReplyDelete