Monday 24 September 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  After some heavy rain yesterday, in the afternoon the sun managed to break through and all was bright and cheery again.  I think today is supposed to be pleasant too; sunny but quite cool.

The puddle test was most satisfactory and my feet remained dry.  Excellent.

When Beth came round, we had some home made tomato soup (tasty) for lunch and then we got out the sewing stuff and made that owl cushion apart from the stuffing as Beth had that at home.  We'll get it finished on Tuesday and posted off the next day.
We've made four owl cushions now for this particular friend, for her daughter, one for each year she has been at university.  A rather nice mini-tradition to set, I think.  This will be the last one unless we are asked to make one to celebrate graduation.

The sewing machine was making some rather clunky noises - I think it will need to go off for a service at some point soon.  There's a shop in town that does this sort of thing but it will be a two handed job, one pair to drive and the other pair to whisk out with the machine and drop it off.  Parking is dire round there.

Today I am going to have an early morning swim and then I intend to set to and do all my planning for the week.  That's because every other day I have something scheduled which is rather nice and I don't want to have planning hanging over my head.

I'm also going to start prepping for my holiday.  I find all the pre holiday stuff great fun and it adds to the enjoyment of the event no end.  I might even be able to get some of the food stuff ready; it is self catering and I'm blowed if I am going to buy things like salt and pepper or even buy them there.

Well, the first coffee is now a memory so I'd better get moving if I want to be out in an hour's time.  Back tomorrow and I hope you have the day you really want to have.

7 comments:

  1. Hurrah! for dry feet and tomato soup. It's that time of year again. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Joy, lovely morning here, hope you have a good (and peaceful) swim. The cushions sound lovely. I seem to have been preparing for our holiday for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes I think the looking forward to a holiday is almost better than the holiday itself. enjoy your swim I was out of the house by 6am and it is jolly cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very chilly here this morning but nice to see the sun after yesterdays wet wet wet.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANy kind of soup really. As I type I have a carrot and butter bean soup on the make for lunch today and I'm hoping there will be enough for another day's soup as well.

    The swim was gorgeous, thanks, Sooze. It really sets me up for the day.

    The car registered 4C I know car thermometers are not particularly accurate but that's cold in my book! The sun is shining brightly though so it may warm up a lot. Hope so!

    I agree, Diane, the planning really adds to the pleasure of the holiday for me.

    Thanks, everyone. Have a lovely day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dry sunny day here and so calm - making the most of it outside.
    I meant to make some soup but didn't want to miss the weather it is so unpredictable so we have made do with egg salad!
    Have you a picture of the Owl cushions - they sound like a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to see the clean washing drying in a sunny breeze, isn't it. Simple pleasures, especially when the washing machine did all the hard work!
    I'll take a photo of this one when it has finished but I'll need to ask the recipient if she would take a photo of all four together. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete