Saturday 1 July 2017

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It's somewhat dull and gloomy with a chilling breeze this morning.  The doors are definitely closed as fresh air can be too much of a good thing!

The sun did come out yesterday and it was quite warm at times.  I got to the allotment at ten and Beth and I spent a couple of hours cutting back the jungle at the back and stacking all the rubbish.  We have a very useful chap round here who comes to pick up all your rubbish, sorts it and either sells it or dumps it properly.  He charges, of course, but when you think how much the council demands for picking up large rubbish, he's jolly good value.  He's said he can take our rubbish away when we need him too although he won;t quote/estimate until he knows just how much there is.  Fair enough, we think!
Now that we have a new neighbour, we have to move some stuff that spread onto the unused plot, so we now have a rule - each time we walk to the back, we pick something up and stack it with the rubbish.

Look what I came home with.


We lifted one potato and there are plenty more courgettes coming on.  I changed my dinner plans accordingly and enjoyed a most delicious pork, courgette and potato bake (leftovers for lunch today as it was very filling).


  I am wondering if the chard can be crisped up like crispy kale.  I'm going to give it a try anyway.

I did a bit of taking stuff upstairs, not as much as I should have done, probably and then popped off to B&Q to look at their lights.  They had loads there but not much that appealed.  There was one ceiling light I liked but it said the bulbs can only be bought online so no way!  I don't mind buying online, it was the 'only' bit that bothered me.  So I will wander around Amazon today and see what's there.

After that I decided to look around Wyvale because it's nice there and I managed to get some good quality cotton tea towels at 70% off.  Some of my old ones are terribly battered now so I shall re-purpose them into dishcloths or dusters by cutting them down and re-hemming them.  I won't be able to sew for a few weeks but I can do all the tacking, etc.

Once home, on went the telly and I watched through the teatime stuff.  I was really looking forward to the Great British Menu banquet but I fell asleep and woke when it was all over so thank goodness for iPlayer!

Today is allotment (weather permitting) for some weeding, then the rest of the day, on and off, is to be shared between doing the planning for next week (not as much as usual so it shouldn't take too long) and taking more stuff upstairs.  Today I want to clear one of my big office cupboards (giving it a good sort out as I do so) and one of the sideboards (which won't need a sort out as I did it last year).  That, plus the usual daily housework stuff, should keep me going most of the day.

I need to take a trip out the the freezer to get the necessary for today so I will love you and leave you, as Diane says, and I hope you have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment