Thursday 6 July 2017

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  How quickly this week is going!  It's Thursday already and it feels more like Tuesday.  Mind you, last Monday felt like Tuesday so I guess it is just One of Those Weeks!

Paul, the decorator, started yesterday.  He's doing his best to minimise disruption for me but, obviously, the impact is huge.  I had to keep hunting under his plastic cover for things I needed yesterday evening but did find them fairly quickly!

It's going to be much easier for him if I am not around too much so that's good.  Yesterday I did allotment twice, morning and afternoon.  There were more potatoes, courgettes and mange tout and we noticed tiny little French beans so maybe in a fortnight . . .  The corn is growing well in this hot weather (and it really was hot yesterday) while the squashes are reaching out all round.  Also, great excitement, we should have a cucumber next week with several more snapping at its heels.

Unfortunately, due to illness, the meal out was postponed but it did mean I could keep up with tennis and that I got my ironing done, all except the bedding for which I really wasn't in the mood.  There's more in the machine as I type and my fingers are crossed for the weather because the saying goes:
Red sky at night
Shepherd's delight
Red sky in the morning
Shepherd's warning
and the sky is definitely pinky-tinted at the moment.  On the other hand, rain would be good for the garden and allotment so it's win-win.

Fortunately, if it does rain it doesn't really matter as what I have to do is indoor stuff.  School for a meeting, school for nanny helping and three blocks of tuition.  A busy day today.

So I'd better get going . . . coffee first and then kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment