Sunday 30 October 2016

Sunday

Welcome to winter time.  It's working - it's getting lighter and it is only around half past six!  I'm very glad some of my clocks reset themselves but I have a list of appliances I need to change.  Thermostat, boiler control, oven (always have to look that one up) and sundry clocks that are not radio controlled.

I know a lot of people don't, but I like the darker evenings.  It's a joy to shut out the dark and snuggle down safely and for an early bird like me, slightly brighter mornings work too.

Things are picking up now.  Yesterday I slept a lot which is always a good sign.  I slept in the morning, in the afternoon and again in the evening, fortunately not during Strictly.  Today may be the same!

In between sleeps, I made some bread and started off the cranberry jelly.  Annoyingly, I couldn't find my jelly bag (I have two so goodness knows where they are) so will have to concoct a sort of Professor Branestawm type thing over a bowl.  I'll fasten it to the handle of the boiler door so it won't get in the way and I won't have to move it.

Beth's due round today and I guess we will stitch together so I'd better set to and tidy up a bit.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, enjoy the darker evenings and shutting out the world.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something very reassuring about it all.
    J x

    ReplyDelete