Friday 14 October 2016

Friday

Good morning, gentle readers.  Friday comes round again rather too quickly nowadays for my liking.  The weeks are flying past and there's only around ten weeks until Christmas.  I'm glad I have started the organising part as I prefer to get all that side of things done early rather than late, just as I prefer to get the tree up late rather than early!

Yesterday was good,  A pleasant swim with Beth, home to go over the tuition planning and do some housework and then off to school to read with Y2 children.  Tuition was good and I'm really getting into the swing of it all now.

I had a mini-panic yesterday.  Marmite!  How can I live without marmite?  I was brought up as a marmite baby and it's one of my comfort foods - marmite on hot, buttered toast or in a meaty gravy.  Nothing can beat it.  Yesterday I popped into Morrison's and, although all the big jars had gone, there were still some small ones so, in a moment of madness, I grabbed enough to see me through the rest of this decade and probably into the next, given that one never needs very much at a time.  I took them to the checkout and had a good chuckle with the checkout lady.  Everyone was buying marmite yesterday, it seems.

Today I am off into school to do the postponed work scrutiny and then off to Sainsburys.  There's two reasons for that.  The first is that Alex is coming to stay over two nights and, while I have loads of food in the freezer, I don't have anything in the way of coke, fruit juice, etc.  The second is that I am hoping to get Beth's birthday present there!  She knows, so I can write it here.

After that I have a bed to make up and then I can rest.  I think I'm going down with a cold: a bit of a sort throat and a few aches are niggling in the background so I suspect a rest will be just the ticket, probably snuggled under my cosy owl fleece.  Bliss for a Friday afternoon!

So - today's food:
B:  2 boiled eggs
L: home made tomato soup
D:  pizza with coleslaw and salad
There will also be snacks such as sausage rolls, crunchy things and sweet things but I will try to be good!

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. It's a good job I've got a large jar of Marmite in my cupboard. I always have Marmite on toast for breakfast with my cup of tea. Couldn't start the day without it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those things you either love or loathe, I guess. We love it! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete