Saturday 31 October 2015

Saturday

Well, after a highly self satisfied entry yesterday you will, I am sure, be delighted to know that I now know exactly what I have in both my freezers, one of which has been defrosted and looks shiny new (inside) while the other has had a good scrape down with a plastic spatula.  I have food enough to last me until next summer and that is only a very slight exaggeration.  All I have to do now is decide what I want to go in each freezer and then I'm well set.

That isn't stopping me from doing a shop at Aldi this morning.  Yesterday I went to check over a new B&M that has opened in town (not all that impressed, sadly) and went a bit further on to Aldi but after going slowly around the car park three times I gave up and came home.  It will be fine this morning at eight!

I do have a list and am starting to get in Christmas stuff that will keep.  A bit at a time and it's not so bad in the last few weeks.  I already have the (free) turkey on order, I found a large gammon ham that I got very reduced after last Christmas, the pigs in blankets are done, there's two wodges of spiced red cabbage and two packs of smoked salmon.  And that's just for starters.  I'm so very glad I did a freezer clear out and inventory!

Yesterday morning was lovely, despite the teeming rain.  A friend came round and we had a really good chat about all sorts of things.  She likes cooking, baking and other homey things too.  Half way through, the sun came out and it was lovely for a while, bright and cheerful.

Today, being Saturday, is bread day and I now have room to freeze my bread.  I think I shall start building up my Christmas supplies as I shall have a houseful for a couple of days.  I need to dig out my larger loaf tins I think, if I can remember where I put them.

Today's food (all stuff I had to thaw out)
Breakfast:  sourdough crumpets with marmalade
Lunch: chili con carne
Dinner:  steak pie, peas, another veg



2 comments:

  1. Morning! I am imagining you freezers as vast vast caverns now full of wonderfully organised stuff! I did mine in the summer and they are still pretty organised and I've managed to not go back to my old habits yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - well, they will be once I have sorted out what goes in where! I can't guarantee they will stay prganised as long as yours though.
    J x

    ReplyDelete