Thursday 28 April 2016

Thursday

Good morning, gentle readers.  As usual, here's the weather forecast.  It's cold but better than yesterday and it's not sunny.  However, the clouds are high so maybe it will cheer up at some point.

For the first time since last year, I was so tired yesterday evening that I went to bed while it was still light.  Seeing as I slept the clock round, I must have needed it!  Today is a busy day so a good sleep was very much appreciated!

I get a message from Beth saying she was still rather shattered so we are going to the market tomorrow instead of yesterday.  In the extra time I set to and managed to finish the second little cardigan which is a much better size and very sweet.  I'll see if I can take a photo at some point, when I have bought the buttons from the market!

You'd have laughed at me yesterday.  A few weeks ago I bought a new ironing board cover as the one I had was rather thin and old and manky.  When I tried it on, it didn't seem to fit so I muttered something a bit unprofessional and left it.  I looked for larger ones but couldn't find any, measured up and realised that it was actually supposed to fit so yesterday I rolled up my sleeves, so to speak, and had another go.  Well, I pulled and I pushed and I adjusted and I trapped my fingers once or twice and I said a few naughty words but, after about five minutes (which is a very long time for something like that), I managed to get it on - just!  Yes, it's a tight fit but isn't that what you want from an ironing board cover?   So now my ironing board looks a little less disreputable and, I have to say, it's nice to iron on again.  But what a struggle!

Today is housework for a while, then tuition preparation, then hearing readers at school, then some shopping and finally the actual tuition itself.  A busy day, in other words, so I'd better get started or I'll not finish in time!

Have a good day, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment