Wednesday 16 December 2015

Wednesday



It's panto day today!

Oh, no it isn't!

Oh, yes, it is!!!

I have no idea what the pantomime is but that really does not matter.  At ten o'clock all the infants will troop into the hall (must find out which hall) to enjoy a time of fun and laughter.

We've used the company before and they are very good indeed.  Usually just three people who take a multiplicity of parts with speedy changes that occasionally don't quite come off and jokes that Noah turned away from the ark but which are just perfect for littlies.

For the past seven-ish years I have say in the panto with one eye on the children and the other on the action (all teachers have that skill, you know) with a niggling little worry about what I, as Infant Coordinator, will say at the end.

This year I can relax in the knowledge that someone else now has that responsibility and that as I will have year 2s, they are unlikely to get upset, frightened or need the loo (unless it is boring, which is highly unlikely)!  Minimal responsibility sounds very good to me!

I enjoyed yesterday very much.  A year 2 class who were pleased to see me and cheered when they were told who was taking them.  Wasn't that nice?  We did English in the computer suite, maths problem solving and a rather challenging bit of science where they rose to the occasion quite well.

Today is the panto in the morning and swimming in the afternoon.  Between those two bits of excitement there's maths and a Christmas craft activity.  Very nice!

I have always loved Christmas in school and aren't I lucky to be able to enjoy it again, post retirement?  I spent some time after school yesterday in decorating the smartboard slides so now each slide has hanging paperchains.  Very festive.

Well, it's time to have a bath and get ready so I will love you and leave you in the hopes that we all have a great day!






2 comments:

  1. Have fun! Yet another good reason to keep in contact with your former workplace. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. And it was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete