Friday 11 December 2015

Friday

These are lovely - and easy.  I found the pattern too!

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Friday.   I have no idea of the weather, yet, because I haven't looked, but it was certainly raining hard yesterday evening as we got pretty wet just running from the chippy to the car!

Yesterday was more or less back to normal in that I was able to get into school to do my granny helper bit.  I had to laugh - I've been invited in for the coffee and gateaux that the school treats all the helpers to at the end of each term!  I've been before, of course, but as a 'thanker' not as a 'thankee'.

Then my friend arrived and it was lovely to see her again.

Today is the school Christmas lunch to which I will be going.  I think (know) my friend is glad she won't be going.  Hard sprouts, anyone?   No, seriously, they are pretty good dinners and all cooked in our kitchens so no complaints from me.

Depending on what we do, I would like to get on with my crochet.  I'm making some 'cats bum coffee mats' for someone.  Here's a picture, found on Google.
They make me laugh!
I had to wait for some cotton yarn I ordered from Deramores (Great online shop!) as acrylic isn't suitable.  Cotton will soak up the condensation while acrylic doesn't.

Well, I had better go as the kitchen is in rather a mess from yesterday and needs a sort out.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, did you do all those little stockings today?
    I'm just back from the panto/play. It was excellent and the kids loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they're not the ones I made, they're on the internet. I have made six so far and they are cute.
    So glad the children enjoyed the panto.

    J x

    ReplyDelete