Friday 25 December 2015

Friday



Good morning and welcome to Christmas.

Yesterday was frantic but lovely.  I got everything done that I needed to get done by which time the family had descended and it was noise and laughter and just lovely.

When I opened the turkey box it looked pretty large (the turkey, I mean) and there was a little note saying, effectively, that the turkeys were a greedy lot this year.  I haven't weighed it yet but it is worryingly 'tight' in my biggest roasting tin and I am umming and ahing about cutting off the wings and drums.   What a first world problem, eh?

Lunch was cream of broccoli soup - I made the soup from my own recipe that I posted here a while ago and it is really delicious.  Simple and with 'clean' flavours.  To go with it were the fresh rolls made earlier in the day and some grated cheese.  It was just right - satisfying but not heavy.

The pizza buffet was great, thanks to Dave and Anna.  They do make delicious pizza!  There was an assortment of bits and bobs - cheese, coleslaw, salad, garlic bread, etc.  To my delight there was very little left over although the line of empty beer bottles/cans was pretty impressive!  They are now in the green bin!

It's lovely and quiet here at present.  Things are out of the freezer, the dishwasher has been unloaded, the merry, festive, electric lights are on and working their magic and I have a little time to myself to breathe and get my mind around the organisation of the morning.  It's only a roast dinner but a fairly busy one.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas!

    Have a lovely day, pull a cracker for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you too, Chrissie, thank you. I will and I will raise a glass to you too. All the best.
    J x

    ReplyDelete