Wednesday 30 April 2014

Wednesday

I looked out this morning to see that it is very dull and quite foggy.  Maybe that's a sign of good things to come.  Yesterday brightened up and by the evening it was beautiful.  I'm hoping the fog will lift and the sun decides to play ball.

Mind you, yesterday evening was fun anyway.  Grandson is away on a residential field trip from Monday to Friday so Beth and I went to the Hare for an evening meal and a good chat.  More than a little indulgent, I think, seeing as I will be there again this week with some friends, but never mind.  They had the new Spring and Summer menu and the smaller plate list was longer again.  I always have one of them now, it's just about right for me and doesn't leave me either feeling uncomfortably stuffed or guilty because I have left some.  They are very obliging and when Beth asked if she could haveone of the main meals but a small plate amount they agreed straight away and charged the small plate amount.  Really good!
Mini-burger, chips and coleslaw - very tasty!

Today I have my mentor meeting with my student.  I enjoy these, they are helpful and I reckon I learn as much as he does in a different way.  Then, for the rest of the day, it's back to what passes for normal at the moment.
This half term is whizzing past at an alarming rate.

I'm enjoying my breakfast as I type.  Yesterday I forgot I was going out and got a meal out of the f reezer.  I can't waste it so it's curry for breakfast, yay!  It should keep me going until lunch anyway!

Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. How lovely that you and Beth went to The Hare - your meal looks delicious and how useful it is that they do these small portions for people, really good idea.
    It's dull, wet and cool here (thankfully), but there had been a lot of dry, sunny weather whilst we were away so people seem glad of the rain for the trees, flowers and things.
    I can well imagine how time is racing by, it never ceases to amaze me either. :o)
    Have a lovely day! S.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really good idea, isn't it? It must be a popular idea as the range of choices keeps growing.
    Take care.
    J xxx

    ReplyDelete