Friday 11 March 2011

Friday morning


. . . and there's some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that my printer has given up. I was merrily printing away on Wednesday morning and between one sheet and the next it stopped and told me in no uncertain terms that there was no colour cartridge inside. Well, there was, of course, it had just been printing quite happily, but it does this occasionally. So I bought another cartridge that evening and installed it, only to be told the same thing. Grrrrr.
It's not an old printer but, to be fair, it was pretty cheap and does get a lot of use. I reckon it's just not worth what it would cost to get it repaired, so I'm replacing it and using the opportunity to get something that prints photographs a bit better so I can make cards from the less appalling results of my photography and editing. One of our local mums is a gifted photographer and I have just bought a card from her for Mothering Sunday. The photo is stunning but the actual making is very straightforward and achievable, especially now that there's a Hobbycraft on the doorstep. The other important thing is the quality of the colour printing. Now, I can't make myself into a good photographer but I can look for a printer of better quality than the one that's just died. So after school today I'm off to the local computer shop to have a nosey around, thanking my lucky starts that I am fortunate enough to be able to do this. I'm going to go for one that scans as well: that function has been so useful and I'd miss it very much now (and the space that having an all-in-one saves).

So that's the bad news.

Yesterday evening a group of us from school, who all live very locally, went out to the local pub (for want of a better word) for a meal together and a jolly good chit chat and laugh. Very nice it was too, a most enjoyable time was had. So that was good and I still feel the cheeriness this morning, even after an inadequate amount of sleep.

Also yesterday I received some good news that means I will be going to the O U S A conference at Milton Keynes this year. More about that at a later date. A friend has been trying to get me to go for years so she's pleased, she says, and it will be nice to meet people I've communicated with a lot online but never before met face to face.

And now it's Friday. SEN day and then the weekend. Four weeks and one day until the Easter break. The hyacinths are flowering in the garden. It's definitely warmer. Nice!


Photo: Taken in the garden, not hyacinths!

No comments:

Post a Comment