Saturday 26 June 2021

Saturday

 Good morning everyone.
Once again, I am so grateful for your love, care, prayers and thoughts.  I know that a number of you have or are going through similar concerns about loved ones and this makes your comments even more precious.  Thank you all.

There is no change.  Dad is drifting in and out and ward staff are making him as comfortable as they can.  John visited yesterday and will go again today.  I'm not sure at which point Covid rules stop applying but I am fairly sure they will let me resume visits when John has to go home, even though the rules say only one person.
I've had no messages overnight so, presumably, things remain the same.

I came home yesterday.  Dad's washing machine sometimes trips the electrics and I had a load to do.  Yes, a long way to do a load of washing but Ann next door was on holiday (back today, I think) and next door is empty.  Also, I needed to come home.  Does that make sense?

Anyway, I have done the washing, Dave and Anna came round in the afternoon and Beth in the evening so I was able to fill in the gaps for them.  They are all very fond of their grampy.  

I haven't taken photos but the garden is looking fruitful.  The clematis is just amazing; you can hardly see the leaves for flowers.  The geranium looks to be taking over the whole bed and has smothered several other plants so I will have to thin that after the flowering season.  It would look good in a medium-large pot so I must look out for one at some point.

I picked some strawberries and ate them pretty much straight away.  The blueberries are actually starting to turn a gentle shade of blue now and I'm glad I netted them.  It looks a bit Professor Branestawm-ish but is doing the trick.

There are millions (well, maybe a little fewer) cucumbers around five or six inches in length, looking very fit and healthy and should be good to pick in around ten days or so.  As for the tomatoes - they haven't lengthened quite as much as last week but there are loads of flowers and more baby tomatoes, not to mention side shoots (which got their come-uppance yesterday).  

The new autumn fruiting raspberry is - er - fruiting!  Ooops.  Maybe it's just because it is the first year and next year it will revert to autumn.  I must look at the ones I put in the allotment and see what they are doing.

And talking of allotment, I will, of course, take a look, tie up anything that needs tying up, pick strawberries and, I hope, broad beans and take them back to Dad's to share with John for dinner.

And that's it really.  I hope you are all well and, once again, a really heartfelt thank you.  xx


18 comments:

  1. It is good to hear your brother is here and that your Dad is comfortable. I think retruning home albeit briefly will give you a brief respite of some normality. Take care of yourself . Sending a virtual hug and continuing prayers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got to see your family. Hope the hospital let you visit as much as needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry things are so messy for you at the moment but hopefully they will settle in time. Good idea about the book marks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and support to a dear bloggy friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very difficult time for you all, Joy - deep concern and a feeling of helplessness, I'm sure. Glad you could come home for a bit of respite. We're all keeping you in our thoughts here in blogland. Take care of yourself, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your Dad is poorly again. Sending you my most positive thoughts to help you through these difficult times. Take care Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that your Dad is so poorly. Thinking of you all and sending love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers are with you, your dad and your family. I know it is a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can absolutely understand wanting to return home. I'm glad you have had this time to be in your own home, see your children and update them and check out the allotment. I'm so glad your flowers are blooming beautifully for you and the garden plants are growing nicely! Take good care of yourself during this time. I know it is a challenging time for you and your brother and families. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking about you.Difficult times.Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear your dad is back in hospital. Sending you loads of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a few raspberries (as well as the birds) and they don't usually come until July - definitely after the strawberries. Glad you were able to get home for a day or two. Hope things improve at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thinking about you Joy. I know this is such a hard time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of you, your Dad and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a difficult time for you all and with the Covid rules on top - though I am sure they will relax them more now than they were doing before so that will make it easier for you to visit your dad. My thoughts are with you. xx

    ReplyDelete