Wednesday 23 June 2021

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a beautiful start to the day.  Not that warm but lovely and sunny and the forecast is good for the whole day too.  Yet again, thank you all so much for your helpful and supportive comments yesterday.  They do make a world of difference.

Things are not great here but 'keep plodding on' is the name of the game.  I didn't do any sorting out yesterday but I did name clothes, rested my legs and visited Dad for the first time.  I was really tired by the evening, went to bed at half seven, asleep by eight and I didn't wake until half five this morning so I must have needed it!

Today, I will definitely clear a few spaces and I have another visit booked.  I've done the lateral flow test - they will do it at the care home but you have to wait half an hour for the results and will accept the mobile notification text as evidence.  It just makes more sense to do it at home.
I was very happy not to take even one turning wrong yesterday.  There's a country run that avoids having to go right through the centre of Hitchin.  It may be a bit further, I don't know, but it is easier and it's what the SatNav recommended anyway.

I'm thinking ahead to the weekend.  As there is no visiting at weekends, I may very well go home and spend a couple of nights in my own bed.  Weather permitting, I can work down the allotment which will be good for the plants (apart from the weeds) and good for me too.  We will see.  

Well, better report the test results so I do have today's evidence on my phone and then I have some other stuff to do on the laptop.  Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.  xx

10 comments:

  1. I should think you are exhausted its not just the physical stuff but the mental strain that gets to you. I think going home would be a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days and nights at home sounds a good plan and the forecast is better for some fresh air at your allotment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be exhausted.A few days at home will do you good.Strange no visiting at the weekend.Surely that is the only time some people can visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a decent night sleep. Think going home for the weekend is a good idea. Give you a chance to focus on your own place and your own needs. Take care. Thinking of you and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think some time in your own home sounds like a perfect idea. How often are you allowed to visit your Dad? Is he up to doing Zoom chats as a fill in if you can't go every day? Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you as you help your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a long sleep - you must have been so tired I hope it did you some good. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you do get to go home for a bit to sleep in your own bed. Nothing beats that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think going home for the weekend is a good idea. Look after yourself. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs to you. Know how difficult this time can be. Get some rest in your own bed x

    ReplyDelete