Wednesday 5 May 2021

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun is shining at the moment but, judging by the puddles on the garage roof, we have had plenty of rain overnight to add to the shedload we had here yesterday.  I just hope there will have been as much at home - it was so very needed.

Yesterday was a very quiet day.  Dad slept quite a lot of the time and after I had sorted out the front bedroom for him and been to the dentist, I read, knitted (nearly finished the second sleeve) and watched stuff on YouTube.

I was really happy to get a text from my GP surgery with a link to book my second covid vaccine.  I've got next Wednesday at 9:20, before my holiday and a week or so earlier than I had expected.  Three cheers!

Today is busier.  I drive home this morning, get unpacked and changed before driving off to Lindsey's for personal training, whizz home again for a quick lunch and then Val is coming over for an hour or so.  There's plenty to do and I guess it will keep me out of trouble!

Thank you all very much for your lovely comments yesterday.  It's great that Dad is so much better this week.  Long may it continue.
Have a super day and be good!  xx

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear your Dad is much better this week.
    Have a safe journey back home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I hope your week goes well too. xx

      Delete
  2. It's so good to read your Dad is better than last week and that you have spent some time with him. It's been so hard in the last year. Have a good day, it sounds like it will be really busy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a hard year for many, hasn't. Fear and loneliness ha e run rampant. It's so good things are picking up in this part of the world now.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like another busy day, I'm so pleased your Dad is better and that you have been able to spend this time with him. Safe journey back. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. It has been a very pleasant few days. Home now after a good drive back. xx

      Delete
  4. Happy to hear your dad is feeling better and that you’ve been able to visit. Also, glad to hear your second shot is on the calendar. We had our second shot (Moderna) Friday. I did pretty well, just a bit tired and achy but my husband had a fever and really felt rotten. Surprising, as I’m usually the wimpy one. (Ha!). If you’re having Moderna just plan a light day the next day. By Sunday, he was all good to go. We are all starting to climb out of this nasty pandemic! Safe travels! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zenda. I'm glad that you, at least, had very few side effects. I think the only effect apart from a slightly sore arm was some weariness the next day so fingers crossed for this time.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It's good to hear that your Dad is feeling better ... good for him and it must be a relief for you.

    That's great timing for your vaccination. One more step climbed on the route out of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good timing, isn't it? Just as if I'd ordered it from Amazon! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's great news about receiving a date for your second vaccination. And I'm so glad your dad is feeling much brighter now. X

    ReplyDelete