Thursday 27 May 2021

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun is shining, the forecast is good, it's not too chilly and all's well!  Beeb indicates that we are heading into a warmer, sunnier spell of weather - and about time too.

Yesterday, the biggie was the implant surgery.  It's called surgery but it's all under local, of course, and yesterday it went very well, much easier than when the front ones were done.  I went in at nine and was out by half nine complete with ironmongery in jaw plus penicillin, paracetamol, mouth wash and super-soft toothbrush, all in a posh little carrier bag with rope handles.
Yes, I got the shakes but not as bad as they could have been and no, it really didn't hurt at all.  Even the injections were OK.  The most eye watering part of the whole experience was paying the first part of the bill!
Now what?  Well, I go back in a couple of weeks to have the stitches out and then we wait until it has healed and settled, three months or so.  If, when I go back, Dr Clough doesn't think it's ready, I will wait.  He's the expert and I am paying plenty for his considerable expertise, after all!

It really doesn't hurt.  The jaw is a bit bruised and aches at times but it's not a real pain, even after around eighteen hours or so without pain killers.
I have to take the meds, eat softer food for a few days, chew on the other side and use the very soft bristled toothbrush for cleaning around the site for a few days.  Oh, and use the mouthwash for a number of days, four times a day, holding it over the site for twenty seconds.

And now you know as much as I do.  :-)

What I got home, I was pretty wiped out, got the shivers (turned the heating right up) and went to sleep!  Yesterday was a bit of a washout as I felt quite wobbly until; the evening - just reaction, I am sure.
I'm glad it is over - the rest isn't nearly so bad.

Today is busier.
I'm hoping Chris and I can have our Thursday chat after a couple of weeks of not having one.  I want, really want to get to the allotment and finish the grass haircut not it's all a bit dryer.  I have to tidy up the house and sort out any messy corners, pack and get up to Dad's for a few days.  Oh, and get some petrol and have the car washed.

Have a good day and I do hope it's pleasant weather your way.  Take care.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Just reading that gave me the shakes a bit!
    Sounds like an intense day, sleeping and taking it easy was definitely the best way :) Glad you're not too bad today, hopefully it will heal quickly and painlessly now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Joy, and I'm not surprised you felt wiped out, but its done. Hope it all heals well for you. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Chris. I feel 100% this morning which is good.
      xx

      Delete
    2. That should have read 'thanks'. :-)

      Delete
  3. I'm wincing as I read this one Joy. Glad that it wasn't too painful and other than the shakes you were pretty much ok. Might be wise to take it easy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie - it's all good today. xx

      Delete
  4. I’m so glad you made it through yesterday’s dental ordeal! Hoping the rest goes well. Enjoy your day today, you deserve it!! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was expecting the dental surgery to take a lot longer than that. I bet you're glad it didn't take any longer and I'd have expected to get a sticker!

    Enjoy the rest of your day. I hope you managed to fit in your chat with Chris. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - a shame about no sticker but I did get a fancy little bag! I thought it would take longer too; maybe last time it was harder, I don't know. No complaints though. :-)
      Yes, we had a lovely chat, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad it went as well it could. I hope you heal quickly now. X

    ReplyDelete