Saturday 15 May 2021

Saturday

 Good morning!  Well, the weather isn't very promising but I can't change that so no worries!  My home looks like a tip right now, as if someone (me!) has come and tossed everything onto the floor.  That's packing for you.

Yesterday morning was a bit of a dead loss, to be honest.  I rested up and dozed quite a lot in between dashes to the loo.  By the afternoon it had all subsided and I managed to get quite a lot done.  Increasingly, I am thinking it was caused by the vaccine, in part, anyway.

I did quite a lot of the packing, both clothes and other stuff designed to make my holiday comfortable.  I decided not to take a fan, can't see that a fan is going to be needed, but I am taking my little fan heater which can be tucked into a corner and takes up very little space.  And while I was doing that I remembered that last time an extension cable would have been useful so I packed that too.

I had originally decided to give the car a good wash/valet - well, not me but a local company.  I cleared the car of all the allotment stuff and was going to leave it because I felt so tired but told myself not to be a wimp.  I'm glad I did - the car hasn't looked so shiny new since I first got it, inside and out.  I'm kind of thinking it might be something worth doing once a month or something now - it felt so good.

This morning, I have lots of bits and bobs to do including washing my hair, a bit of ironing, sorting out the fridge of all the rubble (which I deliberately left till now), bins, welcoming in the house sitter, etc, etc, etc.  
I really don't need to leave until two.  It's under two hours unless there's heavy traffic and I can't get into the studio until four.  It's not the sort of day I want to be meandering around and I won't need to hit the shops for anything before tomorrow.  I plan to get there, unpack and sort everything out, prep dinner and then head for the sea front for a walk.  Even if it's raining I will do that unless it is absolutely pouring.

I've had a new experience.  I got a message from Google to say that an entry had been deleted as it contravened 'community standards'  It gave the name of the entry but not the date which is not a lot of help when all the entries have the day as a title.  However, it didn't say WHAT the problem was which is a shame because how can I avoid doing it again when I don't know what it is?  It doesn't seem recent anyway so who knows.  I've changed the password, just in case. 

Edited to add that it was posted in March.  Beyond that, no idea of the problem!! 

Anyway, better get going.  There's plenty to do once I've finished the social mediating.  I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with photos.  Take care and have a great day.  xx


12 comments:

  1. Safe journey, and have a lovely time, Joy. I look forward to seeing the photos. xx

    (I always think it's a bit daft wishing someone a safe journey....as it's more dependent on the driving of others/traffic problems/accidents etc, all of which are beyond our control, than anything we can do ourselves!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but it's a nice thing to do anyway, isn't it? Thanks, Sooze. xx

      Delete
  2. Have a thoroughly lovely time Joy. I too am looking forward to seeing your photo's. If you manage to capture a nice sunset over somewhere pretty i'd love to print it and put it in a frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get one, you will be very welcome to prant it out. What a lovely thing to say, thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Prant????? I meant 'print, of course. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an easy and trouble free journey and a lovely relaxing holiday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annabeth. Rain or no, I am really looking forward to it.
      xx

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had problems with Google yesterday as well. Mine was blocked access to my blog saying it was a 'deceptive site' and to enter at my own risk! At the time, attempts to view any other blog generated the same warning. I completed an online form to request they review their info and it reverted to normal within an hour. Looking through my stats there were a lot of hits from Russia which is possibly what rang warning bells. Like you I've changed all my passwords to be on the safe side.

    I hope you have a lovely time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also received a message from Google this morning similar to yours and another one later on reinstating the post they had eliminated. I am now going to change all passwords just in case! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joy: I've had issues with Blogger, also, deleting two of my posts for not following community guidelines. I wrote a response in the help section that I have never not followed community guidelines. They responded that my posts were deleted "in error" and that my posts would be reinstated. I think Blogger is having some difficulties from the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Eileen, Amanda and Debbie. Yes, they do seem to have had some real problems, don't they. I had loads more entries deleted and reinstated. I'll let them get on with it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete