Sunday 2 May 2021

Sunday

 Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to another (much to my disgust) cold and frosty morning.  Yes, yet another frost overnight, a harder one this time, just it time to attack the apple blossom, darn it.  Fingers crossed it hasn't done too much harm - it's pretty much gone already and, on the plus side, the sun is shining so brightly.

I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned yesterday, garden-wise, but that's not a problem.  However, I did get loads of washing not only washed and line dried (there was a good wind!) but also ironed, every last bit of it.  It had mounted up a bit so I was very glad.  OK, so there's a bit more washing to do (in the machine) and one little lot done overnight that's now on the line but I think it is safe to say that I'm on top of it!

I also had fun with some fancy cooking - I do enjoy a bit of recipe following, especially when there's something so delicious at the end.  :-)

Today I want to spend time in my garden before lunch and after lunch Beth is coming round and we're off to the allotment together.  The forecast looks pretty good although there's not a lot to do there apart from mowing and strimming.  I'll have to lug the machines into the back of the car later on.

So, what with that, a little bit more ironing and general house stuff, it should be a very nice day.  I hope yours is too.  xx

9 comments:

  1. My day is much like yours - garden and washing this morning and after lunch I plan to print off a load of recipes. The links you posted on your other blog have come in useful so many thanks. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found them helpful. There's some interesting recipes there, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy your time in the garden today. I've been doing laundry today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a bit but then the rain landed. Can't complain - we really needed some and we need more.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Love your new header photo, Joy! Is that from your garden or the allotment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's the redlove tree at the allotment, Chris. It really is such a beautiful tree, visually, with its dark leaves and deep pink blossom and fruit. The apples are pink all the way through too. Stunning!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a busy washing day! The frost here seems to have killed off the last of the daffodils. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete