Monday 3 May 2021

Monday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a Bank Holiday so, of course, we are expecting rain.  To be fair, we did have a bit of sunshine here earlier but now (about 7:45) the clouds are rolling over and it' starting to look a just a little bit threatening.

We had rain yesterday too.  Now and again, nothing too hard or long lasting, but it rather wrecked plans for outside.  Not to worry, none of it will hurt for being left for a few days, we certainly did need the rain and we need more, plenty more, to really deep soak the ground.

Beth came over and, although we decided the allotment would be too damp, we did take my car for a wash.  Oh, it was so absolutely filthy after weeks and weeks (probably months) of not having a clean.  We took it to a local hand wash place and I paid a tenner for 'option 1', just an outside wash and wax.  Worth every penny.  Last week, Dad gave me a right 'look' when he saw the state of it.  This week - no look, I hope!
I have to clear out the car before my holiday so I might treat it to something a bit more lavish - inside and out next week!

I also managed to get the very last bits of washing done, dried and, mostly, folded.  It's nice to have empty washing baskets as well as ironing baskets.

Today I am off to Dad's again this afternoon for a few days.  He has an appointment at the dentist's tomorrow morning and has now stopped driving so needs lifts.  That's the reason for going.  😉

Before then, there's a few bits and bobs to do.  I must sort out the fridge, for a start, and make sure the kitchen is in good order.

Also, some of the blossom on the little flamenco tree in my garden is out so I'm going to grab some open blossom from the redlove at the allotment and start the artificial insemination thing on the open flowers.  
I have to get a few bits and bobs from Morrisons for Dad so I can take a detour on the way.

There will be more blossom open by Wednesday, I think, and there's some more just starting to show below so I will be repeating the process a few times in the next fortnight.  After that, it will have to rely on local bees as I won't be around and it's not fair to ask my house sitter to go back and forth for something like that.


That's about it for today.
As this week's visit is planned and more predictable, I should be able to post tomorrow and Wednesday.  Have a great day and take care.  xx



15 comments:

  1. Such pretty blossom on your little flamenco tree Joy. There is something very special about May. Have a lovely day however it turns out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love May too - so mush new life and so much fresh colour. It's a gorgeous month!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Yes, the rain is just starting here too, just spitty spotting now and during the earlier doggy walk but the skies look ominous so once again the forecasters have got it right.

    That blossom is so beautiful isn't it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apple blossom is truly a lovely sight. It's a shame it doesn't last long but a tree laden with fruit is equally lovely in a different way.
      No actual rain here but it looks and smells like rain. It can't be long.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's raining here ... typical Bank Holiday weather! It's so windy that pots have been blown over so I hope that calms down soon.

    Enjoy your time with your Dad and I do hope his dental appointment goes smoothly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen.
      It's not started here yet but it's does look threatening. It'll probably pour during my drive over. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Pelting down again...everyone is commenting that it is most unusual to have so much rain in April here. As far as I am concerned I am thankful for it as the park is looking so green. The birds like it too,they are definitely chirprng happily. I think your Dad would give our car the same look!. I keep hinting at Sr P but it hasn't sunk in yet or it doesn't want to LOL! Lovely blossom! Happy allotmenting (don't think you can say that word) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually have plenty of showers through April but it's all been topsy turvy this year. The ground has been so very dry and there are cracks in the soil - were, I should say, because it's the next day now and it's been chucking it down overnight.
      I say 'allotmenting' or even allotmentating' - if we say it, it's a word, yes? :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. The blossom looks beautiful. It's been pouring with rain here all day, so I've spent most of it on the sofa. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. It's doing the same here now so I think today will be ditto.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Joy, It's such a satisfying feeling to have the car washed. I at least hose mine down when I'm watering the garden. I have to clean the windows nearly every time I drive it, because of the dust and dirt. I love having empty clothes baskets and clean laundry, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is satisfying. We're lucky to have a good hand wash/valeting company about a mile and a half down the road.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful blossom. I love seeing it in Spring. I hope your visit with your dad goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon - all good so far. xx

      Delete