Friday 28 May 2021

Friday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's not so bright this morning and, indeed, Beeb says today will be light cloud.  No rain though, that's the bottom line.   I'm happy with no rain!

Yesterday was busy.  I got my chat with Chris; we sat out in her garden in the warm sunshine and it was really lovely.  As we were both on holiday last week, we had lots to chat about and the time went really quickly.  

I got the house in order, washed, dried and ironed some clothes, packed and set out.  In the end, one of the things on my list had to go and that was the mowing - it was just going to take too much time.

So I set off, stopped off at the petrol station to fill up before taking the car to the car wash place so they could deal with residual evidence of seagull activity (!!!).  They were quite busy so that took longer than expected and, while that was going on, I realised I didn't have my phone so, when finished, I went back home (just five minutes away) to get it.  Couldn't find it anywhere!  Drat!  I set back out to Dad's feeling rather worried as to where it might be but when I unpacked I found I'd put it in my case rather than my bag.  Goodness knows why but it was a huge relief!
And I felt a bit foolish - what a waste of a good worry!

So I'm round at Dad's for the day.  I'm doing some shopping (for me) and taking him round to the local shops.  He's asked me if I could defrost the kitchen freezer and I'm going to start clearing out one of the bedrooms.

The implant site is fine.  The jaw aches a bit but it's not an intrusive ache, just a forgettable niggle and the gum doesn't hurt one little bit.  Saliva is a great healer, I gather.  Also, penicillin can sometimes give me a gippy tum but this time no problems.  So all is well and I'm happy about that.

I'd better get going.  Dad tends to sleep late and I'm hoping to be back from shopping before he is up.  Have a lovely day and, as always, stay safe.  xx

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the implant site is behaving itself!

    I hope you have a lovely weekend with your Dad xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to accomplish so much successfully. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the implant is going well. Have a great day with your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear that the implant is going well have a good day with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete