Saturday 22 May 2021

Saturday

 Morning!  The holiday is over and soon I will be on the road.  I'm sad but I'm very tired and rather looking forward to home comforts again - especially a decent and reliable Internet connection again.

I was puzzled as to why wind would close Sutton Hoo until Sue mentioned in a comment that it might be the observation tower.  It's a new thing since I was last there several years ago and, after looking it up, I can see why it would be closed.
I'm generically glad they have built a tower.  What they had before was pretty useless and, when the grass was longer, one could hardly see the mounds at all.

Yesterday went more or less as planned, once the Sutton Hoo trip was off.  I took a lovely long walk along the sand to the harbour with the wind in my face and the sand swirling about my feet but decided not to go any further.  I started walking along the harbour to the end but the wind was so strong I thought it would not be sensible - so there's no way one could go up an observation tower in winds like that.
Walking back was a darn sight easier than going, I can tell you!

Obviously, just a few photos . . .




I stopped off at the butchers on the way back and have a nice stack of rashers to take home and freeze in small portions.

In the afternoon I set down and fell asleep - I haven't done that all week!  
Then I finished packing and most of the stuff is now in the car.  I wiped over everything (I know they will do that too but, you know . . .) and swept the floor.  And that's more or less that apart from the last few bits needed overnight.

I will be back.  I've already located another cottage with parking included (important in Southwold) that's just a little bit more upmarket than the Garden Studio (with a price to match, sadly) and will book it as soon as I get home.

So, today . . .
I have to be out by nine and I don't intend to hang around.  I should be home by eleven which gives me almost the whole day to get things sorted and straight and to pop to Morrisons for fruit and veg.  After that I will probably just chill, start catching up on recorded telly and, more than likely, fall asleep again.
My lateral flow testing kit should arrive but I'll probably leave that until Sunday.

Take care and be safe.  xx




12 comments:

  1. It's always a little sad to be leaving but good to return to your home comforts and your own bed. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away and now you can look forward to your next trip :) Have you booked for Edinburgh yet?
    Have a safe journey. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to be home, that's very true. A good, fast internet is among the the comforts I will appreciate in the next few days.
      No, I'm rethinking Edinburgh. I'd want to take the train up and I'm not comfortable with public transport yet. Maybe in a few years, when everything has levelled out again (hopefully)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Shame about Sutton Hoo I went when they had the jewelry on loan from the British museum which was pretty spectacular. Have a safe journey home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It was the only thing the weather stopped me doing so I guess I was pretty lucky really.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Joy, your holiday has gone so quick, thanks for 'taking us along'! It's been lovely seeing your posts all week. Safe journey home x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hazel. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. xx

      Delete
  4. Safe journey back, I loved reading all about your glorious holiday. Pity about Sutton Hoo having to close for the day but on the other hand there is an extra reason for looking forward to the next visit.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely there is, Annabeth. It's top of the list and under that there's Aldeburgh and I'm sure I can dig out a few more places.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I hope you've enjoyed your holiday as much as I've loved tagging along virtually with you.

    As wonderful as holidays are, that feeling of walking into your own home again can't be beaten and is really rather special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly have - it was a lovely break, long awaited and very satisfying.
      But it is lovely to be home. Space, all my own clutter, space, good internet connection, kitchen gadgets - and did I mention space?
      Actually, for a one room studio, I had a lot of space really. Just not the same space. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I understand how you feel about going back home after holidays. It’s always nice to be back in your own home and bed, no matter how wonderful a holiday is.

    Have a safe trip back home, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you very much, it was a very good journey.
      xx

      Delete