Wednesday 24 January 2018

Wednesday

It's not quite Burns Night yet, that's not until tomorrow but, as he wrote . . .

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!


And so it was yesterday!

I thought I was going to have a full afternoon and evening yesterday.  However, Beth banged her head on a cupboard door on Sunday and ended up at A & E with concussion.  She was off work Monday, went back yesterday but felt that she'd need to go home and rest rather than go out which I thought was very sensible.  On top of that, tuition cancelled due to bad colds.  So I had quite a lazy evening which was nice, just not as nice as it would have been!   

Poor old Beth but she is feeling a lot better now.  Her head is sore though!  I had the grief and she had the pain!

Good morning, everyone.  It was a dull, damp and dismal day yesterday and I gather today will be the same so it's nice not to have to spend much time outdoors.  Having said that, I really HAVE to do something with my poor old garden which has been thoroughly neglected for weeks months.  I guess that if I get the brown bin pushed round and into the back, that would be a start as I could do a little something each time I went to the shed and have somewhere to put it!  Not today though - I've checked BBC weather and it says solid rain until about five o'clock.  Not great!

This morning I have to start by tackling the kitchen.  To my shame, I didn't load and set off the dishwasher last night so that's the first task.  Then I shall organise things for today's meals (I like to get that all sorted good and early) and then I will get washed and dressed before doing tomorrow's planning and checking the old bank balance.  There's a bit of washing to do (I like to keep on top of it, if possible) and a bit more bedroom to tidy.  Enough small tasks to keep me out of trouble, that's for sure.

This afternoon I am in school to hear reading with Y1.  Due to various upheavals this school year, I have not been going in regularly and it's about time I remedied that.  Then it's home for tuition and this evening it is the Tom Kerridge programme to look forward to.

So it should be a nice, gentle, positive and productive day, whatever the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment