Wednesday 10 January 2018

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's fairly mild, a bit damp and cloudy and looks to stay that way most of the day according to the BBC.  No need to up the heating today, I suspect.

Yesterday went well.  I got all the decorations down and away apart from the Christmas tree:  I couldn't quite get myself to dismantle that so maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday . . .
It's all looking very plain and dull where the crib and the candles were so I am thinking that perhaps I will treat myself to a couple of plants with interesting leaves to brighten up the wall.  The main problem is that I am usually death for house plants but I have managed to keep one since my birthday last year and the two Christmas poinsettias are still alive and kicking so maybe, just maybe . . .

I'm feeling neat again after Sharon sorted my shaggy mop out.  She always does such a good job and it's a real cheering up job, bless her.  Beth stayed afterwards (Sharon does her hair too) and we had dinner together which was lovely.  I hardly get to see Beth nowadays what with her working and both of us being rather busy at weekends and we miss each other so she's going to come round for dinner after work every Tuesday from now on.  I can't tell you how pleased I am!

On to today.  I'm off to Hobbycraft this morning for a few bits and pieces and then I will stop off at Aldi on the way home for a few things I am out of and perhaps Wyvale to look at the house plants.  Then I might deal with the Christmas tree or I might get on with more planning, depending on how I feel. So nice not to HAVE to do things.

Well, I ought to get going or I won't be going anywhere.  Have a super day and may everything go well for you, whatever you have planned.

4 comments:

  1. It does seem very bare without the decorations doesn't it. I treated myself to some fresh flowers to brighten things up. Good luck with the houseplants (mine never usually last long either). X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only found one - a very poor show in both stores and also in Morrisons. Maybe they haven't properly stocked up again after Christmas.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve bought really great house plants at Lidl, you need to spot them when they arrive in store as they don’t look after them very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought of Lidl. Thanks very much for the tip. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete