Wednesday 4 October 2017

Wednesday

Good morning, everyone.  I've just realised I didn't write an entry yesterday.  It was rather a busy day so that's my excuse!

In the morning I was up at school at the Y5 Greek Food Morning.  This is the third time I have attended in my role as link governor for History and it was great fun.  I taught both Y5 classes, one in year 1 and the other in Y2 as my last ever class.  They are both lovely classes and it was a treat to be with them all.
Then it was home, supposedly for lunch but, in fact, I was too full after plenty of pitta bread, grapes, honey cakes, etc, etc.!
The afternoon was spent planning followed by tuition and then straight out to a meeting.
Quite a day!

I climbed into a lovely warm bed as my lovely dad treated me to an electric blanket and I fitted it on yesterday.  It has a quick bed warming functions before turning itself off but you can also have it on overnight and there are five different temperature settings and two different timings - one hour or nine hours.  In other words while you're reading and falling asleep or all through the night.  It's cheap to run, much cheaper than having the heating on so it should be great through those very cold nights when I like a cold room but a warm bed.  Lucky me.

Today is better.  Nothing specific until tuition but then I have another evening meeting.  The main problem is that I have woken with a sore throat, sneezes and aching all over so I guess the first cold of the season has landed.  Urgh!

That's about it really.  Nothing very exciting is happening, thank goodness.  I shall finish prepping the tuition sessions (I want to keep ahead as time is short and I can't get behind) and then do household stuff interspersed with resting if the aches continue.  I have my first coffee beside me, caffeine based, and will enjoy it.
Have a good day

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been hit by the bugs already. Take care and pamper yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. I don't think it's a bad one, just enough to feel a bit uncomfortable.
    J x

    ReplyDelete