Monday 24 March 2014

Monday

I must start by singing praises to my new addition to Handy Andy.  It’s an ‘air fry’ ring, easily available, and it doesn’t half make scrummy chips from a potato and a very little bit of oil.  It’s nice to be able to eat chips with a reasonably clear conscience!
You see, I peeled too much potato for my soup on Saturday so had to use the rest up somehow.  It wasn’t deliberate, I assure you, but it might well be from now on!  if you have a halogen oven, it might be worth thinking about getting one – cheaper than buying an air fryer.

Isn’t the weather ‘interesting’ at the moment.  Deceptively warm days (warm in the sun anyway) but with a real nip to the air in the shade and early morning frosts.  We even had a bit of sleet and then hail on Saturday.  It’s more wintry than winter was and, I suppose, fairly typically March, in like a lion and out like a lamb.

Yesterday I had some fun making pasta.  I had intended to make it on Saturday but I had the left over spuds so didn’t need to.  I had some with the rest of the stir fry (much better with the added garlic and ginger) and some in the soup and I shall have the rest tonight with yet another recipe I found in Good Food – smoky bacon and tomato spaghetti.  It’s in an article entitled ‘feed 4 for £30 and I thought ‘everyone’s jumping on the Jack bandwagon’ but actually it was five main meal recipes for £30, not a whole week’s eating.  This one jumped up and cried ‘make me, make me’ so I will!  It’s got my favourites – bacon, smoked paprika and tomato – and it’s dead easy and open to tweaking.  I’ll let you know!


Now it is Monday lunchtime and I have time to post three blog entries at once.  Overkill?  Well, yes, maybe.  Sorry!!

3 comments:

  1. Are you still off the wires at home Joy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid so, although someone is supposed to be coming this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And they did and now I'm connected again. Phew.

    ReplyDelete