Friday 1 September 2023

Friday, 01-09-23

Good morning, everyone and welcome to September.  The first day of Autumn, if you go by the meteorological date (but not if you go by the astronomical one, that's the 23rd), and they say we have summer coming on soon!  Classic!

Yesterday was one of those days where you feel there is very little to do and yet you seem to get quite a lot of little things done.
I finished the ironing.
Have a good old chat with Chris.
Put away the stuff that was ironed on Wednesday as well as yesterday's.
Unjammed the drawer under the oven that had got jammed with too many baking sheets and trays (had to take the front off to do it)
Sorted out the contents so that the bigger ones that I only use when family are round are now elsewhere.
Cleaned in and around the drawer (it was a disgrace to any decent household!)
Unblocked the outlet thingy in the fridge and mopped up the water that was dripping and pooling at the bottom.
Put in the order for the takeaway this evening - yummy!
Got that mattress onto one of the spare room beds - a few twinges but nothing to complain about it so I am very thankful that it is so, so much better.  PT on Wednesday really helped loads.
Made up the bed so it's ready for guests.
Swapped over the quilts so now the winter one is on my bed, looking so, so snuggly - I was toasty warm last night.
Did some clearing and tidying so the place is cleaner friendly.

Phew.  Not so bad, eh.

Today starts with Slimming World.  When that's over I'm going shopping.  Sainsbury's this time as there's a few things I need/want that I can only find there.  So while I am there, I will have a good look at their new range of clothing - just for fun, you understand.

The cleaners are coming at some point, of course, and then I need to set the table, etc, for when Dave and Anna arrive later.  So looking forward to this evening.
Have a lovely day, everyone.

13 comments:

  1. You achieved a lot in your 'nothing much' day. Have a lovely time this evening - how nice to have your meal already sorted:-) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely. I'm sitting here, all ready, clean kitchen and no sweat! Now and again it's so nice. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow-that was a satisfyingly busy day. Enjoy your takeaway. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of niggly little things that needed doing at some point. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, if that was a nothing day, I dread to think what a busy one looks like!! :-))
    Have fun and enjoy your family dinner and guests! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > It was all 'little' things really. Nice to get them done though. xx

      Delete
  4. You managed to fit a lot in! I was hoping today would bring something similar for myself, but I've woken to a stinking cold, so I don't feel up to doing very much at all. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jules, that's rough. I hope you're feeling a bit better now. xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, you got a lot done. I would say that a nice evening and that takeaway is well deserved. Have fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger really doesn't like you for some reason. So many of your comments end up in spam. Weird and annoying!
      Deserved or not, I'm going to enjoy it very much. When you don't have them very often, the are correspondingly more 'special', aren't they? xx

      Delete
  6. After such a grotty week which you have had I hope you enjoy your evening.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to it. And to next week as well. :-) xx

      Delete