Monday 23 January 2023

Monday, 23-01-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's jolly cold outside but, compared to last night's forecast on the BBC site, which was for even lower temperatures and freezing fog, it's fine and a relief!  Even better, at the moment my holiday weekend looks like being mild and a bit dull.  As long as the weather doesn't stop me getting there, I'm fine with that!  

The blue room is now as done as it's going to be for the time being.  I forgot I hadn't taken off the sheets after New Year so that was another pile of washing.  It's now all done.  There's a bit of ironing of stuff that wasn't totally dry yesterday evening but that's more or less done for the week.

I have a week's meals planned (although I won't necessarily stick to it), I have my shopping list ready and I did my Snippet.  Mind you, Lindsey posted three Snippets yesterday - a pre record stretch, some HIIT instructions and a live one come the evening.  She must be feeling a lot better and I have a bit of catch up to do now.

I didn't see Throw Down yesterday but it's recorded so I can catch up with it.  The standard does seem incredibly high this year - what do you think?

Today, I have checked the old finances (I'm being much more consistent with this - one of my aims for the year) and see that my Teachers' Pension has landed - not that it's for spending yet, it is next month's income!

I have a bit more ironing to do, I'm going round to Morrisons at some point early to do the shopping for the week and a few days, I hope, as I would like this to be the last shop of the month.

There's a Snippet plus the circuits class today so I should get my exercise in, after which I hope to chill, read and watch telly!  Nice.

And that's what my Monday looks like . . . how about you?  xx


12 comments:

  1. It’s still early here (5 a.m.) it I plan on doing laundry today and plan our menus for the week. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a useful sort of day. xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with your comment about the Pottery Throwdown ... the standard is much higher this series. I don't have a favourite yet but did agree with this week's elimination.

    I had personal training this morning, adding in two new-to-me exercises so that was good. I had my first attempt at using a battle rope and managed all of 25 seconds before my arms gave up! The rest of my day is set aside for pottering so should be good.

    Hope you have a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so did I. They were fairly close a few weeks ago, I think, and the others were just so good.

      I've never done battle rope - I don't think Lindsey has that in her studio. It sounds pretty good and I'm sure you will get used to is and see progress very soon. I love that my arms are stronger now.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It seems a bit milder here, but the ice is still on the chippings in the garden even if it has mainly gone off the paths. I have just finished sorting out the fridge and now it's time to work out this weeks menu, using things mostly from the freezer. I really can't leave 'menu plan Monday' until Tuesday now can I. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, no! :-)

      It was extremely cold for much of yesterday until the sun went away and suddenly everything was frost free.
      xx

      Delete
  4. We had a cloudy day and a bit of snow overnight. Still the temperature was nice, but the breeze made it seem colder.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, the wind chill can be vicious, I agree. I'm glad the actual temperature wasn't so bad though. xx

      Delete
  5. quiet day here for me, going out and about tomorrow, before a snow store sets in later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice start to the week. I hope the weather holds for your weekend away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's just a couple of day but I am so looking forward to it. xx

      Delete