Thursday 19 January 2023

Thursday, 19-01-23

 Good morning to you all.  It's still very cold and it look as if we have a couple more nights below zero before things moderate a bit.   The days look to be above freezing so that's good.  


I'm looking ahead a few weeks, two, in fact, because two weeks tomorrow I will be off to Five Lakes for a nice weekend there, arriving on Friday afternoon and leaving Monday morning.  Just me, but I've been before and know how to make the most of the time.  The last thing I want is for the weather to create any travel worries and it looks as if it won't.

Jeff arrived pretty much on time and gave the garden a couple of hours of pretty solid work, broken by warming cups of tea and toast!  The weeds are still there as the ground was hard, but it all looks a lot better and I was very grateful.  

The kitchen got sorted out and looks loads better now.  I keep certain things on the working surface which means that if I leave much more there, it gets very cluttered very quickly so it was a relief to sort a few things out.

Sorting out the freezer drawers was cold work but it's now in good order and I took the opportunity to sort things out a bit better so that one drawer is mostly home made ready or nearly ready meals and the other is bits and bobs like stock, pastry, sauces, cheese, etc.  

The Snippet was very small yesterday, a kettle-timed squat selection.  Personal training was really good.  It was the last of the block so we discussed what to keep, what to develop and what to introduce.  I've paid for the next block so that's a chunk out of my budget but I count my fitness classes as 'essentials'!  The other two classes aren't due until after half term in February and the Snippets have been paid for the whole year.

Today is busy but nice-busy.

It starts with a Shimmy Snippet which isn't a Snippet at all, it's access to a live SET Class online so a full forty five minutes and it should be good.  I've done a few of them as catch-ups in the past and enjoyed them.

Then I'm straight off over to Chris' for our weekly coffee and chat which is always good fun.

After a quick breakfast and freshen up, I'm driving off to Val's for lunch so that's another lovely thing I am looking forward to.  I usually get home again just before the school run/commuter traffic starts.
On the way home, I need to pop into Morrisons as both mushrooms and broccoli are almost gone and I need some for the weekend.  Or perhaps I will get home and then walk round - that might be better as the traffic all around the school is horrendous at that time.

So - a good day, filled with enjoyable things.  I feel like a very lucky bunny today!
Have a super day yourself and stay cosy and warm.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Glad you got the things sorted out you wanted and the day is filled with things you enjoy. Hope you have a good time with Val and drive carefully as so much ice on the roads . By the way you havent mentioned your boiler recently - have you been having to sort it out in this cold weather ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thankfully, it has been fine. I did wonder if I'd have to do the hair dryer thing on Monday but it behaved beautifully! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. It was so cold first thing this morning. I got up cleaned my teeth and then decided to go back to bed and wait for the heating to click on and warm the place up a bit. I got up again an hour later. Gosh, my mind sorts through some drivel while I am lying awake doing nothing ... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - mine too - total waffle!
      It really was so cold - it does feel a bit warmer this morning (Friday), thankfully. xx

      Delete
  3. Huge thank you for figuring out and commenting on my post today. I had never heard of a snowbow, but I guessed it had something to do with the weather, being like a rainbow without the rain or bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure. It intrigued me. I've never seen or heard of one before. xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. It was a lovely day. xx

      Delete
  5. Continuing very cold here too, but nicer than endless rain!
    I popped into Morrisons today too, I've been keeping my eye out for Seville oranges and today they had some - hurrah - marmalade making for me over the next few days.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, excellent. Mum used to make marmalade every year and it was so good. I've stopped though - I don't use it much myself (although I do love it) any more and the family aren't keen. xx

      Delete
  6. We've have the same forecast for night temperatures below zero but at least the next few days are supposed to be dry. We have an amber weather warning in this area because of the icy road and pavements so I'm in no hurry to go out and will enjoy myself at home.

    I hope you had a great time today with Chris and then with Val. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very fortunate with precipitation - lack of it, I mean. It may have been extremely cold but the sunshine has been great!
      Thankfully, the roads were fine when I drove over to Val's which was good.

      Enjoying time at home is the best thing, I think. I love it!
      xx

      Delete
  7. How lovely that you got all sorted out that you wanted to.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. It really was a good day.
      xx

      Delete