Friday 27 January 2023

Friday, 27-01-23

 Morning, everyone.  Friday has rolled around again and it's so close to the end of the month now.   It's above freezing here and, although tonight is predicted to get below zero, generally and despite sensational media forecasts about 'snowmageddons' next weekend, it looks as if it will be fairly mild.  I'm very happy with that.

I got the pull-out drawer sorted.  As it's a working area - open and closed several times in a day, there were no real surprises apart from a collection of sachets going back to my Hello Fresh days and which will be very useful now I have found them.  There was a solid block of muscovado sugar but after spending the day in a bowl under a damp cloth, it's soft again and in a proper glass container.  Oh, and now I know exactly how many sugar free jelly sachets I have.  :-)

I sorted out my food cupboard just after Christmas but I think I will give it another go as there's things in the wrong place again and it's not organised enough really.

After the SET class and a really good fun chat with Chris, I got the usual household stuff done, changed the bedding, got that washed and dried (but not ironed), sorted out the aftermentioned drawers and gave the kitchen a tidy.  Apart from the ironing, I think I did everything I hoped to do.

Today, being Friday, is Slimming World and, as always, fingers are crossed!  The Snippet is just a short session today which I will do when I get home from SW.

I had expected to have a friend around for lunch but she can't come - her oven broke and she has to stay in for it to be repaired (hopefully).  We've rescheduled for later in February so I have that to look forward to.

The house is reasonably tidy so there's no big clear-up before the cleaners arrive and I hope to get that ironing done before they come too - not that it matters but they come late afternoon and I really don't want to start ironing early evening today.

That's my Friday - very ordinary really.  Nice and peaceful and, hopefully, leading into an easy weekend.  Have a happy and satisfying day, everyone, whatever your plans.  xx

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for the handy tip re solid sugar, didn't know that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very hard and it took quite a while but you just lave it and check occasionally to see if the cloth needs dampening a bit more. xx

      Delete
  2. I try to keep my food cupboards and freezer tidy, but the other person in the house soon messes them up, because they never put things back where they found them, or in the right places! Have a lovely ordinary day! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is the thing, isn't it? I have no such reason/excuse. < grin >
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a nice easy day. I still have to finish the cupboards. Almost done. I felt bad about throwing things out but I think I just need to do it more often and rotate. Good tip about the sugar. I shall have to try that with a block I have lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does work . . .

      It doesn't feel good, does it, throwing out what was perfectly good food. Rotating is the key -and not having too much in the first place. xx
      xx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a good productive day yesterday, and it must be nice to go into the weekend with a nice clean and tidy house. I'm a bit envious as Suky has been poorly, and being sick everywhere so mine is not nice and clean at the moment, more like 'patch cleaned'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, poor Suky - I hope she feels better soon. Hard to keep the place pristine with a poorly dog, I agree.
      xx

      Delete
  5. We managed a 7 mile walk with the 2 youngest dogs this morning which felt like a very positive thing to do on the last Friday in January - it's been a while since I walked that far and I was pleasantly surprised that I'm not too achy! Have a lovely afternoon and evening
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds great both physically and mentally too. xx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a good day. Good tip on the sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Useful, isn't it? Brown sugar, in particular, has a tendency to dry out. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope your SW weigh in went well this morning. It sounds like you had a productive day yesterday and I hope today was just as good for you. The forecast does look much better for your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day although I didn't get everything done I had planned because I was being lazy - I mean restful! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds great. I have some granulated sugar in my freezer that's as hard as a rock, so I will have to try your trick to soften it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a good, peaceful Friday with a good weekend ahead, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great trick with the sugar. Hope your SW went well today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, thanks. Most enjoyable. xx

      Delete