Wednesday 25 January 2023

Wednesday 25-01-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It's another above freezing start to the day as far as I can tell (no frost on the car) and, for me, it is also a more leisurely start too which is nice.
I'm working on staying in bed a bit longer, reading maybe, or just relaxing, and it's a lot easier if I know I don't have to be up and dressed by half eight or whatever.

Thank you very much for all the info on dry shampoo.  I will look out for it just to see if we have it round here but I'm not sure I will get any - it's very rare that I would actually need it and, given I am trying to declutter . . .

Lindsey did take Groove class yesterday.  On the surface she looked fine but she did take the easier option for some of the movements and I thought she was flagging a bit by the end.  Fortunately, a few of the clients had cancelled for various reasons and she said she would take those time to rest up.  Fingers crossed . . .

When I got home, I found I had a phone message so checked it out and it was from Five Lakes.
Do you remember, they got in touch a while ago to say that the room they had allocated me needed some work doing so they were upgrading me (yay)?  Well, this one was to say that, if I wanted, I could arrive an hour earlier, between two and two thirty.  I could check in, get all the info and then have a nice wander and read before accessing my room at three.  It means avoiding queues at check in and I am really pleased.  So I phoned them back (working on Confidence here - with my hearing issues I am very nervous about using the phone) and confirmed that it would be fine.

Then the final details popped into my mailbox and I saw that my room is now a 'Hotel Deluxe Plus' (oooh-er) which is only one down from the 'hotel suite'.  Blimey!!  No complaints here but, given how lovely and comfortable the ordinary room I had last time was, it will be interesting to see what differences there are.  I think one thing is a separate shower and maybe it's a bit bigger but I don't know - I'll take photos!

I got the ironing and various other houseworky stuff done before chilling, telly watching and crocheting.

Today starts with a hair wash!!!

Then it moves on to a bit of a sort out.  Having done various audits, I though it would be helpful to take a look through my stash of shelf stable items, check dates, see what I have and whether there are any gaps.  It really does need a good sort out - I brought home a number of food and cleaning products from Dad's last year and just dumped them, basically.  They need sorting.
I won't be aiming to use these items up, they are for longer term as so many people seem to be doing too.  I chuckled yesterday after watching a few YouTubers talking about their 'shelf stable stash' - it's not often I am on trend . . .

Sharon arrives late morning; it will be nice to see her and have a good old chat as she snips away at my crowning glory < cough >.

The only other thing is personal training in the afternoon.  There's nothing on Facebook to indicate that Lindsey is not fit enough although I have told her to cancel if she has any doubts.  Can't do more really.

That's it, really.  By the end of the day I hope to . . .
have tidier, audited stash shelves
have a nice, clean, tidy head of hair
feel a bit fitter
have a few more four ply granny squares

It should be very satisfying.

I hope your day is satisfying too.  Stay warm and be happy, everyone.  xx



16 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip away. Thankfully its a bit warmer so hopefully you won't be skating about on ice.. Have a good day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, although there's some waffling about another cold spell at the beginning of February and I go on the 3rd. Fingers are firmly crossed. xx

      Delete
  2. Shelf stable stash sounds more interesting than tins and packets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? It sounds - er - efficient, as if I know what I'm doing! lol
      xx

      Delete
  3. Shelf staple stash?? Thought that was a larder.
    Might be worth consulting Sharon about the dry shampoo. I tried it once years ago and it was not a success, maybe because I have mainly dry and very fine hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > I don't have a larder though. I would love one but no.
      Good idea about asking Sharon, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a very pleasant day - mine is rather task driven and we have dull grey weather which is not helping my mood - ah well it is January!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice but, like you, the weather wasn't brilliant. As you say - January! Chin up - it's February next week and that's a shorter month. xx

      Delete
  5. Now that holiday is starting to sound like it's going to be VERY luxurious.

    I haven't dared to start on my 'shelf stable stash' yet ... or as I like to call it my store-cupboard. there's far too much stuff in there if you ask me, and while I've been eating from the freezer the tins just have not been going down at all. But yes, like you say there are so many YouTubers building up supplies at the moment aren't there. I wonder ... is it just the latest bandwagon or something we should all be doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of both, I suspect. Some have always kept a few extra supplies in, I know.
      I'm really looking forward to the weekend break - It's going to be fun and not long enough to start feeling lonely.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Haha, for once it seems I'm on trend as well as I too have a shelf stable stash. It's nowhere near the size of some of the stashes I've seen some of the American vloggers display with pride though. I'm not sure either whether it is a new trend or something we all need to be doing, but it seems like a sensible approach for my own personal circumstances.

    Your holiday accommodation is getting better by the day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, those American vloggers and bloggers!!! Everything seems to be on such a huge scale and I just thing 'When will they be able to use all that up?' xx

      Delete
  7. Ohhh, the room sounds really posh. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

    I am working on the kitchen cupboards cleaning and organizing them. So far that is going well. Once the kitchen is done, I will move on to linens.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. It will be nice to be posh for a few days . . .
      You're doing well!
      xx

      Delete
  8. What a lovely surprise on the room end. It's nice that you'll be able to check in early too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - to both. Eight days to go!
      xx

      Delete