Saturday 28 January 2023

Saturday, 28-01-23

Good morning, everyone.  It's dull and mild but, thankfully, dry and clear outside this morning and I'm sitting here, comfy and cosy after a pretty good night's sleep.

Yesterday was, as usual, pretty good.  
Slimming World was brilliant.  The place was buzzing, loads of people stayed for the second half and the atmosphere was fantastic.  It's really picked up since Christmas, despite the problems with the hall, and there are plenty of new members coming along as well as old friends returning.
I lost a little bit of weight which I'm happy with and I won the raffle yet again - I seem to have a lucky streak at the moment.  This week it was bread type stuff - a loaf, some pittas, some wraps and a box of the new Hi Fi bars.  The first three are now in the freezer and the last tucked away.

I gave someone a lift home and, as I dropped her off in Morrison's car park, I decided to get the few bits and bobs I needed while I was there.  It was a very small shop and it means I won't need to shop next week at all, which is good.

I got ironing, etc, all done and sorted but I didn't get round to sorting the cupboards.  I'll do that today when I've finished on here.  It's not a big job, it just needs doing.

When I sorted the shelves in the shed, it freed up some plastic boxes and I'm going to take them up and put my SK yarn stash in them.  It won't free up any space but it will look (and be) so much neater and more organised - and it will take five minutes at most.

I must check the mailbox I have as a governor because I've noticed that we have a Governors' Meeting on Wednesday and the paperwork is probably up there for pre-reading.

Today's Snippet is a full SET class but split into three segments, each around fifteen minutes and not live.  I'll do that at some point this morning too, leaving the afternoon free for 'me' things like reading (fiction and Governor's stuff) and crocheting.

I expect it will be a really nice day - I hope yours is too.  xx

12 comments:

  1. Stunning, sunny morning today and I feel some garden tidying may be in order. Happy weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's little quite as lovely as a sunny winter day. It is so cheering!

      Delete
  2. Lucky you! Have a good weekend. Be cold and snowy here, but I had a good dose of sunshine yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your blog. Those photos were really lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. It started out bright and fresh here today but then descended to grey and drizzle within a couple of hours.
    Isn't it nice when a club is buzzing and the atmosphere good, well done on your weight loss and raffle win. I think it's time for you to buy a lottery ticket while you are on this winning streak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No rain yet, but it looks a bit threatening now. We will see.

      Yes, it's lovely when it's all very lively. Fingers crossed for my premium bonds next month now! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. We had a bright start which fairly quickly turned dull but I had a nice walk with dogs before being press ganged (!!) into some garden work by husband. It was worth doing as all looking a bit tidier and cared for......as the next few days are forecast dry I think my presence as under gardener will be required again soon - at heart I'm a fair weather gardener!
    Well done on another raffle win
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty husband! Mind you, it's lovely when it's done, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the weight loss this week, and also on winning the raffle again. I hope you enjoy your 'me' time today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Yes, it's been a lovely day today. Got stuff done and also relaxed and rested. xx

      Delete
  6. Good going on the weight loss. It was bright and sunny here today, but the temperatures are very, very cold.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. Will it start warming up soon or is the colder weather yet to come? Stay warm! xx

      Delete