Sunday 8 January 2023

Sunday, 08-01-23

Good morning, everyone.  Here we are, already one week into the New Year and the sun is shining brightly after a far less pleasant day yesterday, especially later on.

It started with a sky this colour which was very attractive but . . . this time the saying was correct because the rain started later and it was pretty heavy at times.
(The photo isn't wonky, there is a bit of a slope)
Maybe today will remain sunny - I do hope so.

It was a quiet day.  I stayed in, did this and that, used a new recipe for dinner, did a bit of planning . . .just general stuff.

Today has started busier.  I had half a an of chopped tomatoes left over from last night so I've made tomato and roasted red pepper soup for lunch, cleaned out Thermione and now there's a wholemeal load - the dough, I mean - slowly rising in the bowl.  I'm not planning to go out this morning so there's plenty of time.

Yesterday evening, Lindsey posted an extra starter Snippet, so I plan to do that as soon as I'm finished here.  I've also started a 'Flatter Tum' thing for January.  It's nothing magical, just crunches, reverse crunches and leg lifts, a few more each day.  It won't get me a flat tum, not with all my excess skin, but underneath the core should be stronger and that's important (to me it is anyway).

I also have some 'work' to do - I must finish off the report of my governors visit and send it off.  That should take a while.
I was tempted to do my shopping today instead of tomorrow because I'm very low on yogurt but then thought that was a bit against the spirit of the low spend thingy where I make do and substitute so I won't.  I can make do perfectly well, it was just an automatic reaction which I would like to change.

And that's it really.  I should end the day with a slightly flatter tum, a nice loaf of wholemeal bread sliced and frozen and a report emailed off to school.
What do you hope to end the day with?  :-)  xx

22 comments:

  1. Morning. Having dismantled my Christmas tree and put all the festive decorations in the loft I plan to sort and bring down all the decorations I haven't used for years and no longer want. I shall box up the unwanted ones and take to the charity shop this week. As the sun is shining I also plan to do some much needed sorting in the garden, bag up and take to the recycle centre later this week. I am hoping to end my day with two big tidying and sorting jobs done!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good Christmas sort out sounds great. I hope it frees up lots of space.
      I feel a bit guilty about the garden - I MUST get started on it. xx

      Delete
  2. Oooh your sky was a beautiful colour this morning, ours was just normal greyish light, which was suddenly followed by a few really heavy downpours.

    Today I will most likely be ending the day with a full tummy as we are going out for lunch for Alan's birthday. But actually a flatter tum would be preferable. Good luck with yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yesterday's sky and it really was beautiful in a laid back sort of way.
      Have a lovely meal out and Happy Birthday to Alan. xx

      Delete
  3. I have had the flulurgy for over a week so haven't been out. I have read all of my books from the library and am desperate for something to read. Yesterday was like yours very wet and windy rubbish bins all over the road! today it is calmer so I will go to the library and Poppy and I will snuggle down wthi my oodie and a hot water bottle. and an easy slow cooker casserole. what a lovely sky.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's rotten for you - these current viruses really are nasty. I do hope you feel much better very quickly and your plans for the day sound lovely. xx

      Delete
  4. We've had another wet start here but it's brightened up considerably so I hope I'm going to walk the dogs this afternoon thus ending the day feeling more positive and a tiny bit fitter!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely and sunny this morning but now, after five, it's pouring.
      I hope your walk was nice and dry! xx

      Delete
    2. It was - thank you
      Alison x

      Delete
  5. I'm hoping to end the day with filled cupboards and fridge from the Tesco delivery, and also be able to tick off that I've completed an initial attempt at everything listed for my piano practice.

    Good luck with the exercising today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. I'm doing an early morning shop tomorrow. Hope the practise went well. xx

      Delete
  6. I did my shopping this morning so am good for a bit. Our youngest son came home to help DH as he is ill so the food budget has jumped but I am grateful he is here. The library in the big town was closed so when I got home, I renewed it online. Now have laundry to do and house tidying. I want to make a lemon pie for dessert tonight as I am serving liver for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a very satisfying day one way and another. The lemon pie sounds delicious. xx

      Delete
  7. I am hoping to end the day with a bit more energy than I have had the past few weeks. I also hope to finish reading my novel.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did - both of them, I mean. xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a busy day! Glad the exercises are going well. I'm still walking every day though some days are harder to get moving than other especially when the weather isn't the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get it all done but that's OK. Winder isn't so encouraging for outside exercise, is it? xx

      Delete
  9. Today we are off to The Big City! We have quite a list as we don't go more often than we have to.
    At the end of the morning we will have the reward of lunch with our youngest son, his wife and their very new baby who is 10 days old!
    Could you post your bread recipe if possible Joy?
    I have a Thermomix but have not really mastered bread in it yet.
    Any tips would be gratefully received.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, I use the Cookidoo recipe. Do you have version 5 or 6? If so, you can access it via Cookidoo and it will take you through it. Or here's the link to the recipe.
      https://cookidoo.co.uk/recipes/recipe/en-GB/r404255
      You'll have to copy and paste.

      If you don't have Cookidoo, just say below and I will copy the recipe.

      Have a lovely time away. xx

      Delete
  10. I'm meeting friends for a monthly meal out after work. Sticking to steak and salad. No dessert, I'm such a paragon of virtue. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very impressed and I bet it was delicious! xx

      Delete