Sunday 15 January 2023

Sunday, 15-01-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's getting colder outside and the breeze isn't helping.  The Beeb says it will get colder but there's no snow forecast for here, just a bit of sleet tomorrow.  I can live very happily with that! 
Yesterday was wet; the sun did come out for a short while but then it clouded over and the rain started again.  Today looks more hopeful so fingers crossed.

I was right about yesterday's Snippet.  It was the whole class but split into three shorter, fifteen minute segments which confused me until I asked about it.  I didn't have live access to the actual group but the recordings went out live as well as being available later so I got there eventually!

The rest of the day was a nothing day really.  I was very tired and had a number of little snoozes, went to bed just after eight and slept until nearly seven, I think, so I feel loads brighter again today.

As it is colder today and because there might be precipitation tomorrow, I think I will tackle the chest freezer defrost today and get it done.  There's also washing to do (didn't do it yesterday) and the usual houseworky sort of stuff that one does daily anyway, plus today's Snippet which is a short stretch session, I believe.  This evening will be Pottery Throw Down and I am working my way through some iPlayer recording of 'Dig for Britain - not a gardening thing but an archeological programme and really interesting.

So it's a nice, easy day today and I should feel very satisfied by bedtime.  Have a great day, everyone, and stay warm and safe.  xx

8 comments:

  1. Hope the freezer defrosting goes smoothly. It's noticeably colder here but thankfully we are only due rain, no sleet or snow, although that's bad enough considering the amount of flooding in this area already.

    Hope you enjoy your day. I'm looking forward to the pottery throwdown as well.

    My comment on yesterday's post seems to have disappeared! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I found it and have replied.

      I'm sure the freezer will look very clean and ice-free by - oooh - let's say mid-afternoon. :-) I'm just about to get some warm clothes on and get started.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I was on haircutting duty this morning for DH’s four weekly trim. It started during first lockdown and he now won’t go to the barbers! I am quite quick at it now as I used to worry it would be a mess. We watched The Glass Onion last night on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. Enjoy the rest of your day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must save you a fortune! Hair relayed stuff can cost the earth. Good for you! xx

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the nothing days can be very pleasant - a time to build up energy.
    Like Catriona I'm on hair cutting duties here every 4 weeks - husband and m in law prefer me to cut their hair these days, although I'm no expert! Saves a few pounds I suppose! Chilly here too but we did have a little sunshine this morning.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do a really good job - if you didn't, they wouldn't come back for more. :-)
      It's lovely and sunny here and I feel a bit guilty for staying in but I've been in and out all morning and fancy a bit of a chill now - in a cosy sort of way!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Sounds almost like the weather here in Saskatchewan right now. Foggy, well below freezing and we had freezing rain yesterday. Stayed inside today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's rather warmer here. I guess what we call 'cold' in the UK is more like your ' oooh, spring is on the way'!!
      Freezing fog isn't nice but it does make everything look so very pretty, doesn't it?
      xx

      Delete