Saturday 21 January 2023

Saturday, 21-01-23

 Good morning from chilly Essex - but not nearly as chilly as it has been.  The sun is shining and the frost won't hang around for long.

Everything worked out fine yesterday.  SW group was really good fun.  There were some new members and some good losses and the hall was buzzing with energy.  A lovely lady was back again with her friend - she didn't leave but she broke her leg very badly so couldn't come.  It was so good to see them both again.

I got half the blue room done - the easier half, I have to admit.  I might do the rest today and I might not.  I'll see how I feel later.
I got the stuff to the garage so that's now out of sight.  
And the cleaners worked their usual magic, bless them.

Today, there's nothing in the diary and I have decided to have a R&R day.  I will probably stay in my oodie all day because there's nothing to take me out unless I decide on a walk and I can then get properly dressed.   :-)

It was going to be a live SET class this morning but poor Lindsey has succumbed to the local lurgy and it taking a day out of work.  However, she has posted a pre-recorded class for us all to use as we wish so I'll work my way through that.  Actually, I've just thought - if I do a SET class, I do need to be dressed in more than nightie and oodie, don't I.

It's odd that when I decided to have a lazy day, I get invigorated.  I've already made some pasta dough which is now 'resting' and there's the makings of a tomato soup in Thermione. 
I might very well get the blue room done!
What do you do on 'lazy days'?

Well, the soup smells done and needs blending so I will stop yattering and get that sorted.  Have a lovely Saturday, whether lazy or busy.  Stay warm!  xx


12 comments:

  1. Lazy days here are few and far between - I keep hoping for one! I have younger daughter and the two girls coming to stay overnight to join in with Little Freddies birthday party so just changing the beds - seems a shame for just one night - causes so much work doesn't it? I have a feeling you might just get the urge to crack on with the blue room. Have a good day whatever you decide upon.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think that when making up the beds for one night. Needs must though! Have a wonderful day! xx

      Delete
  2. Don’t seem to have lazy days. Have to get out and walk..when I lived in snow, I called them ME days.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a much better name, thanks, Brenda. xx

      Delete
  3. I think of them as 'me' days too. I'm a bit the same as you and a relaxing day with no plans often turns into a productive day when I get loads done. Maybe I should stop planning things! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to call it a 'me' day from now on. So much more positive sounding!
      It's funny, isn't it, how those days that we don't plan anything can turn out to be so productive. xx

      Delete
  4. I voted to stay in today too. 😂 I’m glad you were able to see your friend again who had broken her leg. Sounds like an energized meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really ws nice to see her and her friend again. xx

      Delete
  5. Lazy days here usually mean me working on some sewing or knitting. Might throw in a walk as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a lot of crochet. Lovely, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  6. Lazy days for me usually mean sorting photos on the computer or reading a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! Great use of time, I reckon! :-)
      xx

      Delete