Tuesday 17 January 2023

Tuesday, 17-01-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's such a very cold start to the day here; minus five and, with clear skies, very frosty.  however, the boiler is fine and, fingers crossed, should remain so.

I saw the most beautiful 'temperature quilt' on Beverley's blog yesterday - here's the link; do go and take a look.  Beverley, it is absolutely lovely and the temperature theme is great.

https://meandmysmallcorner.blogspot.com/2023/01/temperature-blanket-2022-finished.html

I got the ironing all done and some of it put away - I need to do the rest today.  Apart from that and the exercise stuff, it was a quiet day.

Today looks like being the same.  There's Groove and there's a short Shimmy Snippet and that's it.  I'm going to tackle the cupboard in the bathroom, I think.  There's loads of bits and bobs in it of all sorts and sizes and it's all out of place - for example, all the hair stuff should be together and it isn't.  There's probably some very old stuff that might get thrown out and newer stuff that's been started and needs finishing.  It will be good to get that done.

And that's about it.  It's far to cold to want to go out and do any gardening unless things change considerably so I will probably stay in, stay warm and potter.
What's it like your way?   Stay safe and warm and, if you have to go out, be careful.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Morning, Joy-we are at -3C this morning and the snow hasn’t melted. It’s my craft class this morning so bags are packed and ready to leave just after 9am. Keep warm! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just below ) here right now (nearly one o'clock) so it probably won't get much warmer. I love my warm home.

      I hope the craft session went well. xx

      Delete
  2. The temperature is much the same here. Very chilly, but I find it preferable to the endless days of rain we've been experiencing lately. It's big coat weather. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better than the rain, I totally agree. xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your link to my blog this morning. You are a lovely blogging friend.
    Good luck with your bathroom cupboard. I have only got as far as my yarn stash cupboard and that has sent me on the start of a 'must use some of this up - rabbit hole' adventure.
    Today is still frosty but the sun is trying to shine for a while. Have a lovely day and thank you again x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've experimented with some 4 ply squares - more rounds so they are ending up a bit bigger and just two colours per square (so save on sewing in the ends :-) )
      I think stash cupboards are impossible to clear totally -once a stasher, always a stasher.
      Now to go and sort out the bathroom < sigh >
      xx

      Delete
  4. Minus 6 when I went for the bus this morning. Blimmin thing didn't turn up either. Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a real nuisance. I hope it didn't make you late as well as cold.
      xx

      Delete
  5. We've had a little snow here but sun is out now, I went out with the dogs but it feels like a day for being indoors in front of the fire
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Also, the ground is hard so there's no point in trying to do any weeding (as if I needed any excuse). :-) xx

      Delete
  6. We are at minus something or other with snow alternating with hail at the moment. But it's very bright and crisp and the air is beautifully fresh, and it's great being indoors with lots of hot coffee and soup, so I'm fine. The only thing I had to go out for was to put the bin out ready for the binmen and then bring it back in an hour later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr - that really does sound proper wintry, not just frosty. It is lovely to have sunshine though, so cheering and, as Jules said, so much better than endless rain! xx

      Delete
  7. It’s difficult to get going when it’s cold in the house. The older I get the more I like the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I used to love the snow. Actually, just a few years ago I got excited when there was any possibility of snowfall round here. Not any more. I like to watch show fall but that's as far as it goes. We need something like the Great Hall Ceiling at Hogwarts so we can enjoy it painlessly! xx

      Delete
  8. I love that temperature blanket and feel very tempted to try something like that myself.

    It's frosty here and hasn't cleared all day. It fell below zero during the night so there is ice everywhere and my friend said the roads are treacherous. I've stayed indoors in the warm!

    Hope you got your cupboards sorted. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely? a clever theme and beautifully made too.

      It hasn't risen above freezing here either. I was so glad to be able to stay indoors. xx

      Delete
  9. We have been around the -8C mark most of the day, with fog and then snow. I did manage to get out to do the shopping, but man some places are pretty darn icy.
    Almost seems like the weather is the same around the entire northern hemisphere.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - 8C sounds very uncomfortable. Be careful with that ice around! xx

      Delete