Friday 13 January 2023

Friday, 13-01-23

 Morning, one and all.  How are you today?  It's a rather early start for me today but I do have to be out earlier than usual because of Slimming World so that's OK.

Yesterday started with what I thought was a fifteen minute live section from Lindsey's SET class as the day's Shimmy Snippet.  I was wrong though - the section that has been saved on the FB group for reuse as wanted is the strike section but, as I accessed it live, I could have done the whole class.  Sadly, I couldn't, because I had other things to do and I wasn't dressed for a whole class, but I will remember that in future.  I think that's brilliant - the cost of joining the class as a single ad hoc session is much, much more than the cost of a daily Snippet (which is 10p) so, if I do the whole class for a couple of months, it's paid for the whole year's Snippets.
(Does that make sense? - I know what I mean).

So next week and subsequent weeks, if I can, I will be doing the whole session.  Wow!

Then Chris popped over and we had our usual good old natter and laugh.  It is just an hour but it is such fun.

The rain held off so, after Chris had gone, I went out to the shed to sort out just one bag from the chest freezer.  I did that, came in and wrote it all up on the PC and then decided I may as well do another one.  And another.  And . . . well, the rain held off and the worst thing was that I got very cold hands but they warmed up when I came in to type up the contents of each bag.
I only went and got the whole thing done.  Not the defrosting, of course, I'm waiting for the cold weather next week to do that although I did gently scrape some frost off.  Yes, it's all done and sorted and I know know exactly how much stuff I have to use up.  Am I ashamed - I suppose I ought to be but I'm really very happy about how little I am going to need to buy over the next several months.
I then spent some time having fun planning some meals!

And just as I came in for the last time, the rain started!  Lucky or what?

Later on, Matt the Super-Plumber popped round to look at where I want the water softener to go and measure up.  Because I've already got one, the plumbing/pipework is already there so it is just a case of taking the old one out and fitting the new one - less than half a day's work.
He's going to send me info, quotes, etc, and, as it's a small job, will slot me in when he can although it won't necessarily be all that quick.  That's OK, I can wait, knowing he will do it sometime soon.  I'm happy with that.

Today starts with Slimming World and I have to remember to leave earlier although I have checked and there don't seem to be any temporary traffic lights on route this week.  Still, I'd rather be early than late.

Then there's the usual quick tidy up for the cleaners and later on this afternoon, Lindsey has a 'pre-loved' clothes event at her home.  It's not a sale because no cash will be used.  People have donated clothes, you go and choose anything you want and make a completely voluntary donation to the Blossom Suite which is a special room in our local hospital for parents to use when their baby is going to be or very likely to be 'born asleep'.  A giving page has been set up and it is all donations which can be gift aided, of course.

Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx



12 comments:

  1. I think thinking about doing a freezer sort out is far as more off putting than actually getting stuck in and doing it isn't it. Once I started mine it was a doddle, and although my first menu plan is going to pot this weekend, it's really got me in the mood for menu planning again.

    We had three sets of temporary lights on the stretch of road between us and the motorway the other day, it was so frustrating. The pre-loved clothes event is for a very good cause, I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the thought is much harder than the deed As for planning mine never really goes 100% either but it is the planning that matters really.

      I'm just back from the event. Loads of people there, the clothes, etc, were going and it had a great vibe. I came back with a little clutch bag and made my donation to a great cause. xx

      Delete
  2. The Blossom Suite sounds like a wonderful place to donate to and support these families going through such a difficult time. We only have the freezer that is attached to our refrigerator so we don't freeze lots of meats. I usually shop and use my meats immediately although I occasionally freeze chicken tenders or thin cut breasts for use later. We are actually getting some snow showers today after heavy rains and winds yesterday. The weather is a bit crazy today! I don't have plans to go out, though, so will stay warm and cozy indoors. Have a wonderful Friday, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. It's been a really good day one way and another.
      I hope the snow isn't too bad. xx

      Delete
  3. I really could do with a freezer sorting session. It won't be happening this weekend though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < grin > I bet 75% of the population, if not more, could truthfully say pretty much the same thing. xx

      Delete
  4. Well done on getting your freezer sorted. That's a big job ticked off the list ... now to keep it organised, which is the part I always struggle with. I have good intentions but then forget to update the list as I use things!

    I hope your SW weigh in was a good one this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That so very much resonates. I( have noted in my diary but . . . well, we will see.
      The weigh in was good, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  5. The thought of a freezer sort has me trying to get things used up before I do it. I need to clear some space in order to defrost. I also need to wait for colder weather as I usually put everything into totes and put them on the back deck while defrosting.

    Good for you in getting your freezer sort done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I am waiting for Monday or Tuesday - the forecast is for near zero temperatures so the bags can just sit outside, covered, while I deal with the monster!!
      I'm rather enjoying planning meals around what I have already got.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Every time I read your blog it motivates me to do my exercises. You sound very disciplined with your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a lovely thing to say, thanks.
      I suppose one motivation is that I've paid for them in advance - you can pay ad hoc but it's more expensive. The other is that Lindsey makes it such good fun . . . they really add to my week positively.

      Also, I guess, at my age, the fitter I am, the nicer my old age is likely to be - physically, anyway. Do you take any classes?
      xx

      Delete