Wednesday 18 January 2023

Wednesday, 18-01-23

 Morning, everyone.  Another very cold night and start to the day.  It looks beautifully frosty though, very attractive, and it's expected to get above freezing for a time today with sunshine.  It sounds rather nice anyway.


The bathroom cupboard too rather longer than I expected and the bin is rather full of extremely old products (some dating back to teaching days and gifts from children), while the contents of the cupboard show that I won't need much for several months - can't complain about that.

Groove was great fun.  Despite the cold, most of us turned up and bounced our way through the routines.  Phew.

Today the healthy stuff is a Snippet at some point this morning and personal training this afternoon.   I have given up, bitten the bullet and Jeff is coming round to get some initial order into my garden.  I'm hoping that, once he has sorted a few things out for me, I will be more motivated to tackle other bits and bobs.  Let us hope so anyway.

I've realised that I have muddled the contents of two drawers of my chest freezer.  I think I must have put two back where three goes and vice versa and then added things to the wrong tray.  I'll get that sorted at some point - I won't take long.  See how easy it is to get things into a bit of a muddle!

The kitchen also needs a bit of a tidy up.  There are things all over the place.  Again, not a long task, it just needs doing.

If I get all that done, I can read and crochet with a clear conscience (apart from the garden!)
What is giving you a clear conscience today?  xx

12 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for asking Jeff for help ... I've left a message for M to come and tidy my garden when she is able but haven't heard back from her yet.

    The Snippets seem to be working out well for you. It's great when you find something like that that you enjoy doing isn't it. Hope you have a great day today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen - I'm sure you will hear back from M soon.
      I'm loving the Snippets - amd knowing the previous ones are there and usable all through the year is really great. xx

      Delete
  2. So easy to muddle things up in the freezer. We have a built in upright fridge freezer in the kitchen and recently traded in an old upright fridge and an old upright freezer for a single upright fridge freezer in the garage. As my husband does all the cooking I have no idea what goes where!!
    Today I framed a cross-stitch I finished about 5 or 6 years ago. It is now hanging on the wall - such a feeling of satisfaction - a drawer sorted and a project finally completed where I can enjoy all my hard work!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well, you have a very good excuse, don't you? I do all my cooking and I didn't have much of a clue either. At the moment, I am loving the organisation!
      So satisfying to complete an old project, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  3. I think everyone will have expired things in their medicine cabinets!! I cleaned mine out the other week. Did a pile of shredding yesterday, a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't - but only because I tackled it q few months ago - or maybe it was longer, perhaps I ought to check again. Hmmmm . . .
      Shredding is so boring - well done. xx

      Delete
  4. I don't even want to check the medicine cabinet...scared of what I will find.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Yes, and what to do with what you find! When I cleared out Dad's medicine after his passing, there was a bagful of his medicines and I took them all back to the chemist for proper disposal.
      xx

      Delete
  5. It does look very frosty! Well done for sorting another cupboard. You're really coming along with the sorting and decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was extremely frosty and rather lovely, especially close up.
      I think sorting and decluttering is a bit like painting the Forth Bridge. It's a rotational thing and you never really get it finished - I don't anyway. I think I'm getting better at leaving spaces now instead of feeling I have to fill them up again. xx

      Delete
  6. Did Jeff manage to do anything in the garden? I went out to try and get a plant pot full of compost for a cutting I wanted to pot on from one of the beds, but they were all frozen solid, so that's a job for another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did loads. It really was rather a mess and digging stuff up was just a small part of it really.
      The pots are still frozen solid and I guess they will be for several days to come because the nights are predicted to be cold still.
      xx

      Delete