Thursday 11 February 2021

Thursday

 Good morning.  It was such a gorgeous day yesterday.  Yes, very cold, but, oh, the sunshine!  At one point in the morning, it clouded over and there were a few flakes but it must have been blown from somewhere else because out came the sun again. 
The main problem was that it really showed how dusty the outside of the windows are.  Ooops!
It's going to be another cold one today - definitely a jeans AND leggings day again.  😊

Yesterday, as always, was quiet but went really well.

Val and I finished our chat early because there were some connection problems but continued it in the afternoon.  She and hers are all well and her husband has had his vaccination, being over seventy and with a few health issues too.  Val and I just have to wait!

As always, I really enjoyed personal training.  Lindsey pushes me just a bit more each time and it's really very satisfying.  I don't know if I have any readers who knew me when I was still teaching but who'd have thought I'd be in this place now, eh?  Enjoying exercise!!  
She's recommended some better resistance bands; the ones I have are just wide stretchy plasticky sort of things and can be awkward to hold and use, while the ones I have now ordered have proper handles and do all sorts of other stuff as well.

I've started crocheting together the hexagons.  It's going OK really, although the slightly different sizes mean a bit of stretching and pushing and I can see I will need to employ the steam iron again at some point and it will look 'rustic!.  Not to worry, it is serving its purpose in using up yarn and keeping my hands busy.
I've already found my next project.  It's really a kit for a scandi blanket but the actual kit is out of stock.  However, the pattern can be downloaded separately and is free so I now have that printed off.  It uses aran yarn, of which I have collected several different colours over the years, although not necessarily quite enough.  I have a week to have another rootle through my stash of yarn, consider what I have, whether it will work and what I need to order.  

This is the actual pattern although the colours will be different.  I think it is lovely and am really looking forward to getting started.


Today is the same as every other Thursday right now.  In the morning, I have an online chat with Chris, in the afternoon I am taking some parcels over to Beth (all perfectly within the rules and Alex has now been at home for a fortnight and has obviously not brought any covid germs home from Uni) and staying for a coffee and a chat, hopefully, although it will depend on Beth's work, of course.  Early evening is the weekly Slimming World Zoom meeting and these are turning out to be great fun during this Lockdown.  There's enough people there to make it varied and enjoyable but not so many that Jen has problems getting round to everyone.

Those social things, together with the usual housework, knitting, reading and telly watching, plus exercise are going to make this day really good, I think.  I'm happy about that.
What are your plans for today?  xx

19 comments:

  1. My plans are just to get through the day with the minimum of problems. Just the usual stuff but at least we have some sun today which is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun has been delightful - so very cheering.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Just dashing over from my corner. Currently drinking a hot drink before a bit of crochet. Housework can wait for now and I am contemplating poking my nose in the shed to check tools are ready for use. Have a good day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a super activity - and are they? I know mine are because of sorting out the garage last year. It makes me happy to thing of getting things going at the allotment again.
      xx

      Delete
  3. My only plan for today is to get through it with warm feet. I currently have tights under my jeans and two pairs of socks on and my feet are still cold. The only time they were warm was when I had my wellies on for the doggy walk .... perhaps I will clean up my wellies and wear them indoors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it keeps your feet warm, why not. Hard on the carpet, perhaps. My feet tend to stay fairly warm but my fingers - not so much.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love the look of your new blanket.
    Hazel c uk 🌈🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hazel. It really caught my eye as I was looking through the site.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Afghan will be gorgeous...got my second vaccination...still have to distance and mask...getting car ready for the 1000 mile move...to the south. Love your blog...hope all of you get the vaccine soon...it is a mess in this country...Also-love the blanket...keep writing...you are an inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very long drive - two or three days? Hoping it all goes really smoothly.xx

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing that blanket in progress. It's nice to have a project to work on. Something that will take a while to do is immensely satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I feel. The hexagon blanket is looking - OK, but not necessarily one I would want on show although I'm waiting until it's finished to actually judge. There are what looks like thousands of lose ends to sew in after all the crocheting together has been done although I've worked out it's a bit over four hundred! More than enough for me!
      xx

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful blanket. I love Zoom, too. My dancing friends and I have another meeting scheduled this month. It's so much fun to see them. Congratulations on enjoying the exercise. I love to work out, too. The benefits are tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoom has been a real social life saver, hasn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  8. I love the new blanket design. Have you decided on a colour scheme yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, Eileen, the colour scheme is whatever I can find in my cupboard in the way of scrag ends. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Oooooh that blanket is beautiful. I can't wait to see your colour scheme.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > . I think the word would be 'random'.
      xx

      Delete
  10. We too and goodness knows when it will end. My hair is beyond a joke now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete