Thursday 18 February 2021

 Good morning!  It's a very pleasant morning today although rain is predicted for this morning and a drop in temperature this afternoon.,

It is good news time.

The first good news is that I have my vaccines booked, the first next week and both not too far away in terms of distance and so easy to get to - almost literally to the traffic lights and up the road (it's a long road).  It was worth being a bit patient and there was no way I was going into London or even up to Colchester!

The second is this . . .

Just seeing it has cheered me up no end.  There are lots more buds but this is the very first daffodil - a cute miniature one.

The third is that yesterday my neck and shoulder was aching so much I thought last year's problem had returned.  However, it is fine again this morning so it must have just been that heavy digging.  Lindsey was kind enough to give me another PT time so I am seeing her (online) today instead.

And fourthly, the pension thingy lump sum Dave helped me sort out has arrived in my bank account.  Suddenly I feel quite well off but it's going into savings, it's not for wasting.

How funny that at a time I felt so low and down, four cheer-me-up things should arrive so close together

Today's plans are firstly a chat with Chris, then personal training and finally it's the Slimming World Zoom meeting.  No allotment - it will still be very soggy.  I'm going to take a look on Saturday and see if I can do a bit more then.
Have a good day and stay safe.  xx

24 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, happy to hear you are feeling better and have good things happening. next week in our area should be good for you getting down to the allotment as it looks dry with good temperatures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really does, doesn't it? It looks much nicer.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely to hear your good and cheery news! Have a good day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy,

    Well, good weather should soon be with you to add to your good news stories. The first Spring flowers are such a welcome sight and the miniature daffodils are so much prettier, in our view, than their King Alfred counterparts.

    Vaccines booked and pension lump sum received. Your cup is filling over!! Whatever, we can say from experience that although we anticipated being less well off in retirement, the reverse is the case. Going to work is expensive we have found out. So, more good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. I think one doesn't realise how many resources one puts into ones work. Part of it is a change of lifestyle, I guess, but I do feel better off now I am retired. In part, that is thanks to the arrangements I made when working and in part to pretty simple expectations. Contentment is a pearl of great price, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  4. The vaccine appointment is good news but whats with the heavy digging? Joy,adopt the 'no dig' approach and save your poor back and shoulders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You clearly haven't seen our allotment < grin >
      How can you manage without digging/forking over???
      xx

      Delete
    2. Have a look at either Morag Gambol no dig or Charles Dowding no dig on you tube. I think you will be pleasantly surprised

      Delete
  5. Good things usually come in threes so you are lucky to have a bonus. I am lucky today as it is 3 weeks since I had my jab, My daughter ( bubble) is coming indoors today for the first time since Christmas. and it's fish and chips delivery for lunch. that 3 for me as well.x Val

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish and chips - oh, that sounds just amazing.
      xx

      Delete
  6. That's brilliant news about the vaccination appointments. I'm so pleased for you. It sounds like you had a good day - I always think daffs look so cheerful.

    Hope your plans for today work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is not my favourite colour but daffodils are just like bright sunshine after a dull winter - wonderful.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Really good news about your vacinations and even better that you don't have to travel far to get them. Glad that you have had a few other things to cheer you as well.Thank you for sharing. Take care x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I feel ashamed for feeling down really! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. snow and more snow...snow...ice...wind...had to pick up groceries yesterday anyway...I order online. I have not been grocery shopping since I started isolating last March...won't know how to act...enjoy your blog...I have had both vaccines...but will still continue precautions as instructed...I love the getting online ordering and picking up...hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my word, your weather sounds really horrible. I'm so glad you are managing and staying safe.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Great news all around, Joy! I wish I could get my vaccine but I am in Group 4 for the shots and so far our state is doing Groups 1 and 2. I must be patient for probably a few more months. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your time will come, Debbie. As you say, patience. I won't get the second vaccine until mid may at the earliest.
      xx

      Delete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling low and down. That's great that you got an appt. for the vaccine. What a beautiful daffodil. My neighbor's have bloomed, too. I planted several of them up here at the cabin, but they haven't started pushing through the soil yet. I am excited to see them, and the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It happens now and again, doesn't it? I will pick up again, for sure.
      xx

      Delete
  11. That is good news indeed. I'm glad you've finally got a slot for your vaccination. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to get it arranged. Thanks.
      xx

      Delete