Sunday 14 February 2021

Sunday

 Good morning, everyone and happy Valentine's Day.  It's definitely a bit warmer this morning; the iciness has gone and the remaining snow is no longer light and fluffy but on its way to oblivion.  There's no frost and the icicles are dripping a bit.  Hopefully, winter is now pretty much over.  We are half way through February already, after all - where is the time going?

My biggie for today is that I received The Letter yesterday.  Yes, that Letter, telling me I can have a vaccination!  Woo hoo!  Whoever would have thought a jab in the arm would cause so much happiness, eh?
The whole thing is rather like one of those flow charts - in fact, they might have done better to turn it into a proper flow chart, it may be easier to understand.  Basically, If I don't organise one myself, then my surgery contact me directly.  So it's ho! for an online booking, noting as I try that others have found that it is not quite as quick as the letter makes out and there may be no gaps as the letters have just come out.  No problem, it is what it is, I will get one at some point in the next month and I won't be changing my behaviour anyway, not until the restrictions lift and even then, very slowly and carefully, remembering that my safety and that of those I connect with are of equal importance.

I've done what I said I wouldn't do and started the new blanket before finishing the old one.  Well, I've done all the hexagons, pieced them out and got them all into order, but the crocheting together isn't as satisfying as the knitting so I'm running both in tandem.
With the new one, each square I do is identified by a letter (style) and a number (colour) so I need to dig out my little post-its and get labelling!  That identification is used when putting them all together into a specific order.

Today is a busy day - sort of.  Beth and Alex, self imposed isolation at an end, are coming round for Sunday dinner and we're celebrating with a roast lamb dinner.  From the freezer, I have excavated a strawberry and rhubarb crumble (made with garden and allotment fruit) that is long overdue using up and will make some proper custard in Thermione so definitely not all that Slimming World friendly.
Alex loves my roast dinners so I'm hoping this will be just the thing to celebrate Valentine's Day with loved ones.  I am so lucky.

Have a super day, everyone, take care and be safe.  xx

9 comments:

  1. That's great news about the vaccine. As much as anything it's reassuring to know that your name is on the list and that you won't be missed!

    Enjoy your time with Beth and Alex - the meal sounds so good. Roast lamb is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really happy to get the letter. As you say, reassuring.
      I love roast lamb too. It's so expensive that I hardly ever have it. I think it will be a lovely time, thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  2. How lovely to be able to see your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I'm so lucky that they live close and are happy to be my support bubble.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Great news for you! Enjoy your time with family.💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful news. I hope you manage to book a slot soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad that you are able to book your jab now and that you were able to spend time with family at lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Joy, on getting a foot on the ladder towards inoculation. I hope the whole process is simple and achievable. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete